Agreed- that's a nice one, too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulkpaulk Frets: 318
    ddlooping said:
    @paulk: your photo :)
    Thanks! Technical fubar :(

• tbmtbm Frets: 579
    Danos rule. I've been a longtime fan of the Longhorn (selling one actually - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/558/fs-danelectro-longhorn-guitar#latest) but pretty much any of the shapes, save for the Wild Thing, do it for me.

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    The longhorn is beautiful - always wanted one of those. trying desperately not to look at your listing @tbm :)

• tbmtbm Frets: 579
    Ah go @JookyChap, sure it's only tiny! Ye won't even feel it going down.

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Ah, if it is still here on the 15th I probably will :)

• ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    I just don't get Danos.

No offence to anyone here at all, honestly, but I think they look like toy guitars. Which, perhaps is part of the charm for those who like them.

Mind you, I don't like offsets either which probably just confirms that (a) I'm a bit of an idiot (b) my opinion is worth diddly.

Just sayin'  
    B-)
  • jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    Chuffola;8635" said:
    I just don't get Danos.

No offence to anyone here at all, honestly, but I think they look like toy guitars. Which, perhaps is part of the charm for those who like them.

Mind you, I don't like offsets either which probably just confirms that (a) I'm a bit of an idiot (b) my opinion is worth diddly.

Just sayin'  

B-)

They feel like toy guitars too being hollow!

• jatgtr said:

In a good way of course. 
  • rprrpr Frets: 309
    edited August 2013
    They do tend to polarise guitarists opinions in my experience, Peiople either dislike mine calling it a 'toy' or love it. Coincidentally or not I tend to 'get on better' musically with the people who dig it and have next to nothing in common with the haters.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72302
    Chuffola said:
    Exactly! I like the cheap, fun look and sound. They're not meant to be like a Les Paul or a Strat.
    Chuffola said:
    Or that you just haven't 'got' why they're cool yet. I didn't for a long time either.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

I don't hate them - just don't get them. I've only ever played one, once, in a store though so I've no real experience with them.

I find hate of any inanimate object is pointless, really. Apart from David Cameron and most NI politicians.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    Chuffola said:
    I just don't get Danos.

Just sayin'  
    B-)
    :P

ICBM said
    Or that you just haven't 'got' why they're cool yet. I didn't for a long time either.
    Hmmm. At 46, I'm pretty sure if I haven't got it by now, I probably won't. 
  • jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    jatgtr said:

In a good way of course. 

absolutely
    ;;)

• I love my Danelectro. It sounds really unique. I'm really gassing over the baritone version too...and I'd love one of their basses. 

Your little Betty Boop decal may just have won me over! Superb.
  • Chuffola said:
    Your little Betty Boop decal may just have won me over! Superb.
    Hehe, thanks. 

Amusingly there's a guy at TGP who has exactly the same decal on exactly the same guitar (albeit in a different colour). Weird how two people on opposite sides of the planet can have the same idea! Annoyingly I don't seem to have saved the picture of his! 
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3965
    I wouldn't mind a 59 Model, like the one Page uses. I have played one and really liked it. The used prices are so good sometimes it's got to be worth a try even if you're on the fence.