Revelation guitars

What's Hot
Does anyone here have first had experience with Revelation guitars? I'm keen on their 12 Jazzmaster type but won't be in london for a while to try. The range actually doesn't look to bad to be fair
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    I played  the Jazzmaster in question at Vintage and Modern Guitars in Thame - awesome guitar for the money
    Stop crying, start buying
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The 12 string? Would it make for a decent modding platform?
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    I've just been looking at this Revelation 12 string online today, I'm missing jangle in my life & need another, these look very good for the dosh. :D
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    @rapscallion It played pretty well so I guess it would
    Stop crying, start buying
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10264
    The 12 string? Would it make for a decent modding platform?
    I think I know where we could be heading with this.

;)
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • damodaidamodai Frets: 38
    I've had their 6-string jazzmaster for a few weeks , was going to buy a vintage modified but this is easily as good if not better. Cheap too

• The 12 string? Would it make for a decent modding platform?

;)
    Naughty.
  • longjawlongjaw Frets: 423
    I'm strongly tempted by the lefty version of the Jazzmaster type in vintage white: RJ60-LH

The Les Paul Recording version looks really cool too: RLR-Mahogany

Nice to see something a bit different at the budget end of the market!
    damodai said:
    I've had their 6-string jazzmaster for a few weeks , was going to buy a vintage modified but this is easily as good if not better. Cheap too

What was the neck profile @damodai?

Really fancy one of these but nowhere stocks them near in NE England and I can't get away with thin necks.

• lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
    Never heard of them before but love the sound of their RJT 60 Jazzmaster style guitar. For only £200 or so I wonder how it compares to the Squier Jazzmasters.

The varitone stwitch is great though. Found a fairly in-depth review here: http://www.iguitarmag.com/magazine-editions/guitar-interactive-issue-30/reviews/revelation-rjt-60/
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    The 12 string? Would it make for a decent modding platform?

;)

13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The varitone stwitch is great though. Found a fairly in-depth review here: http://www.iguitarmag.com/magazine-editions/guitar-interactive-issue-30/reviews/revelation-rjt-60/
    That's what intrigues me - that and the fact I can't seem to find much info on the pickups to know if they are P90s or normail single coils in oversized covers. ;)
    edited May 2015
    Doesn't look I'll be getting an RJT-60 - I've been doing a bit of detective work (via Twitter with the official Revelation Guitars account - as much use as a chocolate fireguard - and on the phone to a couple of stockists who were more helpful) and the RJT-60 has a quite slim neck so won't suit me. :-(
  • It was doing a search on Revelation RJT60/12 that brought me to this forum, so here goes - first post.

I happened to see one hanging up in Badlands Guitars down in Brighton. On a whim I asked if I could try it and it just felt right straight away. I didn't even bother plugging it in because it sounded good acoustically. The first thing I noticed was the width of the neck which made it easy to play -  49mm at nut, 55mm at 12th fret. It reminded me of an old Eros acoustic I had many years ago. (I just checked my other electric 12 string - Ibanez 2402DX - and it only measures 43mm at nut, 50mm at 12th fret).

I like the Varitone switch and the icing on the cake was a tremolo. I haven't had a chance to crank it up but through headphones the P90 style pickups sound fine. For just over £200 it has to be a bargain. I would definitely go and try one if you're in the market for adding some jangle to your sound. Here's a photo
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    ^^^^^^

Good lad. Beers in.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    Still tempted by the Jazzmaster style 6 string.  :(|)
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    They now do a very cool-looking 4 pickup JM and a Bass VI too. Wish I had some spare cash!
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • DaleftyDalefty Frets: 508
    edited May 2015
    Here is one of my Revelation guitars:

It's the RJ60-LH in Artic White with HV 58 Nickel pickups, instead of the regular X90 Ceramic soapbars or X90 Alico soapbars, I'll post other pg#hotos of my other Revgelation guitars tomorrow night, when, or if I have time.  One thing that I will say about them is that you get a lot of guitar for almost n#next to no money when it comes to REVELATION guitars, they are worth every penny, though I would go for the soap bar version instead of this version personally.

DaLefty
    Both dog and owner available for stud, please contact DaLefty if interested
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2015
    Looks great - what's the neck profile like @Dalefty?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DaleftyDalefty Frets: 508
    Fuck it here is the other Revelation guitar that I have :

I like this one a lot better than the other one, I've been playing it a bit recently instead of my Gretsch for some reason, guess I must of been in a grunge mood or something, it sounds a lot better for a start than the artic white one does, it doesn't loook as clean as the artic white one either, plus it has far far better pickups in it, even though both this RJ60-LH and the Artic White RJ60-LH both still have their stock pickup in them, these ones are far  better of the stock model of pickups compared to the HV 58 Nickel pickups.

DaLefty
    Both dog and owner available for stud, please contact DaLefty if interested