Revelation guitars

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DaleftyDalefty Frets: 508
    longjaw said:
    Looks great - what's the neck profile like @Dalefty?

I would honestly compare them very favourably with the Fender Stratocasters, I would even go so far as to say the Revelation guitars have a very nice and meatier neck if like me you find the standard Strat a little on the slim or skinny side, the extra beef and meat makes bending so much more of a pleasure. These really are a lot of guitars for the money they go for. DaLefty
    Both dog and owner available for stud, please contact DaLefty if interested
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DaleftyDalefty Frets: 508
    longjaw said:
    Looks great - what's the neck profile like @Dalefty?

I would honestly compare them very favourably with the Fender Stratocasters, I would even go so far as to say the Revelation guitars have a very nice and meatier neck if like me you find the standard Strat a little on the slim or skinny side, the extra beef and meat makes bending so much more of a pleasure. These really are a lot of guitars for the money they go for. DaLefty
    Both dog and owner available for stud, please contact DaLefty if interested
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • M_brumM_brum Frets: 0
    I had an an RT35 (335 style) in natural finish about 4 years ago. I bought it for £239 and pound for pound it's the best guitar I've ever owned. The only issue was the G string defund a bit too easily, this was sorted in 5 minutes by gently filing the groove in the nut. Quality of construction, electrics and finish I'd say is better than the similarly priced epiphones, ibanez and Washburn models. Once you put your headstock snobbery aside you'll realise what a sound investment these are. The Entwistle HV58 Humbuckers are just amazing pickups.
    The guitar sounded amazing through my Vox VT20+. I rue the day it was sold, chikdren came along and it was sat gathering dust. I'd have another any day.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7813
    My friend has a large collection of very impressive guitars. The one he won't ship up most about is his Revelation. Loves them.
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2376
    I was close on a few occasions to getting the RLR (recording copy) as they look great and get giod reviews, but something niggles in the back of my head and I pull out each time.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6053
    I got the Recording Bass copy they make but had to return it as it was too heavy for comfort. It seemed well put together but nothing to gush about.
  • riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
    I played Tezz Roberts' (discharge) revelation les paul alike. It seemed fine!!
  • I have a lovely cream one with tortoise pick guard. Looks great, sounds fine, love the jazzmasterish concept of the guitar. Tuners are reasonably ok. The only thing i didn't like was the bridge: feels cheap and the tremolo either hangs loose or completely falls out! I replaced it with a generic strat bridge that works fine.
  • Let me give some more details. Its a fine guitar, but not the easiest to play. Action was pretty high from the factory and i managed to get it somewhat lower. The p90s are nice and meaty, good for 50s and 60s sounds. Def not a shredder guitar. Neck is thick and fenderish wide, with ok medium fiets, Well constructed with lovely cream binding. The five way switch at the top activates a set of filters that thins the sound out to create a nasal or bright character. Even when you'll only use like three or four, its still nice to have. Bridge and trem, as i saïd, are pretty mediocre but they can be changed. All in all a good guitar, definitely on a level with Squire jazzmaster.
  • I have a Revelation Tele-style mandolin which I found in a music shop for £99 on a trip to Newcastle last year. It's wonderfully resonant with a great sound plugged in or acoustically. I'm a bit of a Jazzmaster lover so the shape of some of the Revelation guitars I've seen appeals to me. I really want an Electric XII in my life and the fact that Fender/Squier refuses to reissue them definitely draws me towards the Revelation - especially since I already know how well made their instruments are for the price.
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 605
    Revelation RT-54 is the one I tried. £220 all setup back before Brexit was ever mentioned though. I have heard poor workmanship but the one I tried was excellent I was close to buying as I missed my Baja. I have my Baja back now but if not I think I would have bought that for the neck profile and price. Hard to find them second hand I know that, been monitoring for approx 1 yr. Still thinking I could use that for quick DADGAD change with the Baja.
    If anybody is selling a second hand RT-54 let me know. I can't justify another £220 for a new one as I have just purchased another guitar  - I don't need any more now *cough* :-)
  • PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 764
    edited April 2017
    Does anybody have any experience of the RT-35 (335 alike)? Especially how it compares to the epi dot? Cheers!
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
  • marqueemmarqueem Frets: 2
    edited February 2018
    For the last 3 months I've been the owner of a Revelation RJT-60 M TL. I got it off some poor sod who had bought it and then cut the fingers off his left hand with a sheet saw less than a week later. It is as new and I paid 175 quid for it. It has a bound offset Okoume body that has been chambered and has a single F hole a la Telecaster Thinline. It is in Seafoam Green with a nasty red tort pickguard. It has a bound maple neck/fingerboard with block markers and skunk stripe. It has a Strat style trem with a big block and pressed steel saddles stamped MVB, it is identical to the Wilkinson item. The pickups are Entwistle and different to any others I have ever seen. Unlike the solid RJT60 which has P90 type single coils, the Thinline style has P90 sized Humbuckers which appear to have Neodymium magnets. The single tone control has a push-pull coil tap switch that works on both pickups at the same time and it has the 5 way rotary switch which appears to let you select one of five different values of cap for the tone circuit.
    I have over 30 guitars (collected over 40 years) including Strats, Teles, a Japanese Jaguar with handwound pickups and a custom rewire, an SG, 335s, Silvertones (a '63, a '64 and a modern Samick one), a 63 Danelectro, and a 59 Gretsch Anniversary ..... Without a doubt the Revelation is the most versatile of the lot and is the only guitar that has left my house since I bought it. I'm after a solid RJT with P90's next.
    This axe made me want to sell all my others and spend the money on drugs and loose women instead of wasting it on expensive imitations ... apart from the Jaguar ... and the Gretsch ... and maybe the 64 Silvertone ... and ... Doh!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    @marqueem ;

Thanks for posting feedback - I may get one quick before price starts to rise :-) Do you know if there was any work done on that before you bought it? Did you spend any time sorting frets and things?
  • No work had been done on it before I got it. I always mess with my guitars a bit (I did 3 years at MANCAT studying guitar making) and the only thing I could complain about is that the fret ends were very slightly proud and a bit sharp (talking a few thou' here) more I think due to the wood shrinking back than poor workmanship, even the neck was set up perfectly. It's a hell of a guitar for the money!
  • I am late to find out about these but I could probably not have designed a better batch of guitars 

lately I’ve gotten into the CDN$200 used Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster and Jaguar 

while looking online for mods I see the Revelation series seem to cover what I want 

cool!