Modern, nickel tuners

ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7484
edited October 2013 in Making & Modding
Is there any such thing?

For the build.  The bridge is a wudtone, so it's nickel plate.  Looks cracking, but I do need to be colour matching...

So nickel knobs are available from axesrus and so that's not a worry.  I might just order those now, actually... Only need one of those for the blend knob, the other two will be boggo black plastic gibbo type ones that you'd normally find on a PRS.  Probably.  I might change my mind a few times, though...

However, it's a different story with machine heads! I've found chrome, black chrome, gold and everything under the sun, but I can't find Grover or Gotohs that are nickel unless they're in a vintage style.  Which REALLY won't suit the guitar...

I don't mind non-locking, but I do prefer locking tuners.  They're lazier.  

So, any thoughts?  Cheaper is better, but I want quality - I've had plenty of Grovers and Gotoh pass through, so I know they're consistently good!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• How about some Sperzels in satin chrome? Not nickel obviously but not brash like shiny chrome.

You can get Sperzel non-locking "Solid Pro" tuners (which are great) in a nickel finish but they are like hen's teeth.

• Hmm, might be the best option.

Bleh! Seems a pity. I don't like chrome hardware. Gold, black or nickel for me :) I wonder how close the satin chrome is to nickel? Nickel has a nice bluey look to it, chrome is always just white.

My mate is certain that grover did some, but I can't find any!
  • Grovers seem to come in nickel

• steamabacus;55153" said:
    Grovers seem to come in nickel
    Ace! Bit much, but bookmarked. I also found some schaller m6 tuners on an eBay store in nickel, so that's a possibility.

Cheers guys. Can't believe it took me so long to find them!

• Gotoh offer a nickel option on most/all of their gear, it just takes time to track them down! :O
  • guitargeek62;55176" said:
    Gotoh offer a nickel option on most/all of their gear, it just takes time to track them down! :O
    Yeah, it's the same with grover. Even in the link above, most of them are only available in chrome or gold!

Still, they're out there :) the schaller m6 looks the best bet for me so far, sound like they're good and should suit a prs style build nicely.