Does anyone else get like this?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Indeed Bertie, joking aside, it's pretty dire here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13567
    ah well thats (the walk of) life
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • People that buy houses next to pubs that have live music on and then complain about the live music need to be kicked in the chuddies. Repeatedly. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17588
    tFB Trader
    People that buy houses next to pubs that have live music on and then complain about the live music need to be kicked in the chuddies. Repeatedly. 
    Yep, one of my regular venues had a block of flats built opposite, some old biddy moved in, complained and the pub got threatened with closure. 
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    What about people who move into a home next to a pub that has a license to open till 11. Then changes the license so they can shut at midnight then have lock-ins with live music till 7:30am?

A local pub that had live music and weekly open mic nights was forced to install a volume limiter after an old woman moved in next door... even with that she kept complaining until their license was revoked... So I'm far from keen on people who complain about pubs...

But by crikey I feel like complaining when I can't get to sleep till after dawn on sunday.

Conversely I'm above a shop which as a One Stop in a busy area which is part of a tesco owned chain, so gets large deliveries daily... the shop has been as busy as it is for at least 15 years or more. a couple of years ago someone moved in next door and made regular complaints about the noise of deliveries. I find this ridiculous.

However conversely to the conversely... (so versely?) the shop underwent a refit recently - seven days a week for three weeks construction went on till 10/11 at night. After the refit the buzzer they use to tell till workers in the office that those at the till need help is now so loud that I can hear it over music on headphones... I mentioned it to the shop manager, so they moved the bell... it's now a lower frequency for me, but louder for my flatmate and he gets annoyed by it. They did though fix an issue with the door - it used to slam every time I customer entered or exited so they added a shock absorber.

So sometimes noise complaints are more complicated than some people think... 
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136

I have little sympathy for those who move close to a live music venue, football ground, motor racing track, or the like. However the law doesn't see it like that.

The pub in the OP is doing its best to keep noise to a minimum, they've installed a new double-glazed exit door, new tall wooden gate to the door itself to try to deflect any noise when the door is opened, thick drapes, and bands have to finish at 11pm, but I get the impression that no matter what, certain residents across the road will still complain it's too noisy. If they have to give up their live music, or be restricted to once a month, then I reckon they'll go under, because it's all that's keeping them afloat right now.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    I may have posted this before but there is a large, well established night club in Birmingham city centre ( there has been a night club of some description in that building for at least 30 years) and a block of student flats were built next door. Yes, the students complained about the noise. I guess not the student's own fault they got shoved in accommodation that was noisey but it was hardly an unforeseeable issue.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Yip. Knew Friday's gig would be shit as it's the singers local, as usual, he got cunted on Guiness, forgot words all over the place, and uttered the sentence I least want to hear floating through the ether at 11:15pm "Any requests then?". On the upside, there were some rather nice young women in dancing on the tables. I'm a total sucker for those tight shiny PVC leggings.

By contrast was really looking forward to Saturday's gig, as we'd not played there before. Cricket club who put gigs on regularly. Was an easy load in (fire door in the ladies toilets.....), staff were great, drinks for the band incl water for when gigging if needed, great stage area, and the place was rammed full. And a big car park.

Either way, I love gigging, gets me out the house from the Winge Machine, and puts money in the pot.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72253
    People moving into a place near an existing source of noise and then successfully complaining about it makes me quite angry. If the time/type/volume etc of noise changes, that's an entirely different matter, since then it's the venue which has moved the goalposts.

I lived above a pub for ten years, by the way. The only noise I ever complained about was when the cleaners once turned on the jukebox on a Sunday morning. That was stopped straight away with a polite chat to the manager.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    I may have posted this before but there is a large, well established night club in Birmingham city centre ( there has been a night club of some description in that building for at least 30 years) and a block of student flats were built next door. Yes, the students complained about the noise. I guess not the student's own fault they got shoved in accommodation that was noisey but it was hardly an unforeseeable issue.
    Which one is it?
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1526
    Yes, I'm feeling shitty, but the band has a gig tonight, which is in a boozer literally 400yards from my gaff. I know it'll be shite, because it's a shite place, the turnout is always shite, and the place has about as much atmosphere as the moon. We don't play very often, but I'm seriously struggling to get motivated this time around, when usually I'm well up for it. I'm wondering if I could well be getting too old for it, because the enthusiasm is definitely not there today, or it may just be that I know it'll be shite. Anyone else get like that?