Pedal Train and Harley Benton Powerplant Junior

What's Hot
Hi All,

I'm going down the individual pedal route and away from my Multi Fx pedal.

I've gathered a few choice pedals already and bought a Harley Benton Powerplant Junior.

It's a nice power supply.

Here's my question.

I'm looking at the Pedal Trains and I wanted to know if the Harley Benton will fit underneath one to save space? I'm probably going to get two Powerplants as I have a few pedals.

So anyone using this powerplant and the Pedaltrain? Does it sit nicely underneath?

Cheers
Mike

PS: Happy to take recommendations for other pedal boards. I'm probably just being lazy looking at Pedal Train :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3671
    It wouldn't fit properly under my PT1. I ended up having to stick it on top and it takes up space I could have fitted a pedal into.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 712
    Hi Mike. I've got a pedal train jnr and the power plant jnr would fit underneath. It would get in the way of all the Patch leads though, so you'd need to re route stuff. Cheers. Bruce
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    I have a pt3 and it's fits fine.   I haven't used the pt supplied brackets though and just used velcro and cable ties.
  • powerhandpowerhand Frets: 198
    I use the HB junior power supply under a PT2 with no problems. I used proper PT brackets (the universal ones).
    Although I did have to mount it upside down to allow access to the sockets, but it's been there for 6 months now and all is good.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Thanks @powerhand I'm buying a pt2 in a few weeks and was wondering of I could fit my power plant jr under there.
  • Thanks everyone. It's probably the pt2 I'm looking at.

@powerhand Do you think you could get two power plants under there is you needed? I got 8 pedals and so want another power plant as they only run 5 at a time.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    PermanentWaves;590523" said:
    Thanks everyone. It's probably the pt2 I'm looking at.

@powerhand Do you think you could get two power plants under there is you needed? I got 8 pedals and so want another power plant as they only run 5 at a time.
    Can you not daisy chain your analogue pedals? I'm running 8 on my board the 3 digital pedals have a supply each with the other 5 analogue pedals daisy chained and 1 spot on the jr still free. There's no noise at all.
  • I was thinking of daisy chaining but wanted to make sure I had space for another powerbank in case I got noise.

Sometimes you can get noise on the daisy chain at different venues when it still works fine in others. At least I used to have that problem with my old "cheap" daisy chain. Florescent lights as I recall were deadly to it!

Adam_MD said:
    PermanentWaves;590523" said:
    Thanks everyone. It's probably the pt2 I'm looking at.

Can you not daisy chain your analogue pedals? I'm running 8 on my board the 3 digital pedals have a supply each with the other 5 analogue pedals daisy chained and 1 spot on the jr still free. There's no noise at all.

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Rather than buy a second Harley Benton supply you could just buy one supply that's capable of running everything isolated.  The Hot Stone Deluxe is good and a bit cheaper than the PP2+.  It can also cope with high juice pedals like Big Strymons or the Line 6 M5.

You could then keep your existing power supply as a spare.  It's always advisable to have a spare.  I've kept my old BBE Supacharger as a spare even though I've now got a Hot Stone Deluxe.
    @PermanentWaves Yes, I'm certain you could fit a second HB Jr under there. As others have said, I'm also running 3 pedals daisy chained and have had no issues, but that's only at home so far...
  • riccosuabericcosuabe Frets: 3
    edited April 2017
    Hi there just a rejuvination of this thread, iv got the pedaltrain pro classic and am getting the hb jr and just wanted to know which brackets to use? the universal ones or the voodoo lab style ones.
    Thanks