J Collingridge - a full report in progress.

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27424
    Re him being able to quote parts of threads - that's quite possible if he'd actually printed/saved the original threads as he claimed to have done.

Re him being able to see the threads in here, that should be impossible as it should only be those members who have the "antiscam" permissions applied to their profiles who can see this section - ie it's "invitation only".

Once he provides the URLs of the "offending" threads, we'll know.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danodano Frets: 1580
    TTony;875347" said:

Re him being able to see the threads in here, that should be impossible as it should only be those members who have the "antiscam" permissions applied to their profiles who can see this section - ie it's "invitation only".

Once he provides the URLs of the "offending" threads, we'll know.
    But what if he has a profile which has anti scam permission ?

I understand that posting in these original threads is how antiscam permissions originally arose. If he has one it will be a profile with a low post count that logs in regularly but hasn't posted.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Facts:

1 - He quoted details to me that have been posted since we moved everything in here.
    2 - We (the admins) personally vetted everybody who has access in here.

Conclusions:

1 - He's found a way to access the hidden areas of the site without permission, or
    2 - Somebody we vetted is sending him information, or
    3 - Lucky guess based on other communications

In any case, it doesn't matter - assuming that my reading of the situation is correct.

I would urge everybody not to do anything which might sabotage our efforts at coming to a peaceful resolution, otherwise we'll have to lock these threads (we don't want to do that).
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7750
    If you want to reduce the numbers of people with access to the AntiScam section you're welcome to remove me - apart from having posted something in the thread I have no connection with the discussion other than curiosity ;)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • Same here. I've never had any dealings with the perpetrator but I do love a bit of intrigue :)
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12346
    Personally I'm quite happy for this to be made a private matter between JC, the police and the admin guys here and for everything to be taken off public view (albeit to a limited number of members). The bloke is clearly either a Walter Mitty character or seriously deluded, but I'd hate to see the forum go through more legal hassle.
    Ps. Well done @digitalscream for keeping a calm head and responding so professionally in the face of this torrent of nonsense. Not sure I could have done the same.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11445
    Paul_C said:
    If you want to reduce the numbers of people with access to the AntiScam section you're welcome to remove me - apart from having posted something in the thread I have no connection with the discussion other than curiosity ;)
    Me too.  It's nice to know what is going on but there isn't a real need.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22107
    edited November 2015

boogieman said:
    Personally I'm quite happy for this to be made a private matter between JC, the police and the admin guys here and for everything to be taken off public view (albeit to a limited number of members). The bloke is clearly either a Walter Mitty character or seriously deluded, but I'd hate to see the forum go through more legal hassle.

He isn't deluded nor is he Walter Mitty. He's simply someone who got away with conning people over the years and thought he could keep on doing it. There's no genius or devilish intellect behind him, no Doctor Evil plots. He got away with it time after time and felt that he could keep on doing it. He isn't unique. There's an awful lot of people like him getting away with scams. They get away with it not because their scams are brilliant or because they cover their tracks easily, they get away with it because the police do nothing. 

Now they have to take things seriously. 

edited November 2015
    Totally. I get the scam stuff, I was referring to his message to Lee. All the so-called hassle he and his family have been getting from here and on Facebook is clearly only happening in his mind. It sounds like it's easily disprovable and him saying things about the police being informed when you're both dealing with the same officer is just crazy behaviour. I seriously think he's not right in the head.
  • The hassle didn't happen for real nor did it happen in his mind. He's not mad or crazy. I've seen his communications with a large amount of people from this forum and others and had my own experiences with him. What he does when cornered is to first portray himself as a victim and, when that doesn't work, tries to make out that other people have been victimised. With the forum, he threw up the wife and kids card very quickly. 

He's prepared to bullshit people online and to their face, and it would appear that he's done it convincingly over the years to members of the public, people he has done business with, and to the police. That's not mad or crazy: it's like watching a grifter at work. 

Given his wife's history and that of her children, had she and they actually been harassed then you can be sure that he'd have really done something about it involving the police. 

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    No-one here is a big enough arsehole to have done the things he is claiming. Just such patent bullshit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Having seen some more of the info about him, the biggest arsehole is JC himself.
    @sonic692 Sounds like we have a scammer revival...

1reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Seriously? Does that bellend not know when to quit being such a bellend?
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15482
    erm, so it seems I missed all the fun, what form do these scams take?

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26559
    VimFuego said:
    erm, so it seems I missed all the fun, what form do these scams take?
    Well, at the moment his favourite is the chargeback scam - buying loads of stuff for really small amounts using PayPal Gift, then cancelling it at his bank a couple of months later, thus getting around the fact that you can't cancel PPG payments and costing the seller £14 a time.

Unfortunately, he got sloppy and used his real name on his PayPal account...
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15482
    gotcha. He seems to be a weird mix of extremely organised and monumentally petty minded.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• GassageGassage Frets: 30864
    VimFuego said:
    gotcha. He seems to be a weird mix of extremely organised and monumentally petty minded.
    Walter Mitty.

All of his so called arch photography was plagarised from others.

All of his awards were lies.

Utter cunt.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2017
    I think he did something similar when he refunded a few people on this forum, cancelled the payment a couple of days later. 

@digitalscream so this scam on the FB group about whisky... did he use his J Collingridge account or did he use another pseudonym? 

NB: this thread is now at position six in a Google search for "J Collingridge" :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom