SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

1989 Epiphone Les Paul standard

ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11872
edited November 2013 in Guitars £

I loved this guitar until I bought a 2008 Gibson version.

It's an early Korean one - very good quality, like a decent Mexican strat, not at all like some of the later stuff I've seen

http://s809.photobucket.com/user/toneuk/library/Epi%20LP

The guitar has a few normal-use marks and nicks, good condition I'd say though, the most major is a small patch near the controls where the varnish is missing a flake , but it's not very noticeable.

Comes with original hard case. My mate bought this new and left a candle on it while he was entertaining some young lady,so a bit of was has set onto the case, no big deal really, just saying because it's a nice story

I think the Epi LP from this era goes for about £240 usually

However, the original pickups are awful - really nasty cheap ones

This month I had some Kent Armstrong Sky ones fitted professionally (i.e. I paid for an hour of bench time), which are good, and 4 new pots at £4.80 each

With the Kent Armstrongs, I'd sell it for £260.
If you can solder, you can swap them yourself (I need the EMG pots, I have the originals here), I'd want £240

You can have it with no pickups, and the pots in a bag for £210

swaps possible with cash adjustment. Not sure what though. Active EMG sets, Strymon FX, a top-notch compressor, a national clone

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments