Do we want a Jam night thread?

What's Hot
ftumchftumch Frets: 681
edited April 2015 in Live
There seems to be so many people in here that would love to get involved in a jam night, but they're a bit unsure of where to go or maybe a little apprehensive about what to expect etc. got me thinking it would be a good idea too have a jam night sticky, visitors could review various jams, meet ups could be arranged and so on? What d'you think?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ftumchftumch Frets: 681
    Clearly not then, I'll just amuse myself over in the corner here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    edited April 2015
    I think this is a brilliant idea, I didn't see this before - have a wisdom, Sir ;)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319

Okay, I'll start - West Midlands based!

The Wheatsheaf, Birmingham Road, Walsall - every other Tuesday, next one at time of writing is 28/04/2015. Basic drums / bass / 2 x guitar combo backline provided, with reasonable vocal PA. Attendance variable, sometimes dozens sometimes five and the pub cat. They've got my jam night cheat sheets at the moment, so a bit of support for the inexperienced ;)

The Roadhouse, Lifford Lane, Birmingham - every Monday. More of an open mic than a jam night, but a very informal way of getting yourself on a 'proper' stage with a professional sound and light system (some have been known to use it as an opportunity for relatively 'green' musicians to get some decent live promo photos ;) ). Lovely people, usually pretty well-attended though so if you're desperate to get onstage get there early.

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 681
    edited April 2015
    http://www.lemonrock.com/freakjamband

Freakjam at Mr Bumble, Blackwater, Camberley, Surrey GU17 9AP
    Every Thursday 9-12pm

Very friendly Jamnight, all are welcome no matter if your a beginner or virtuoso. Full back line provided, drums, pa, bass and two guitar amps, just bring your guitar. 

I'm in the house band so if there's anything you particularly want to play drop me a pm and I'll do my best to learn it if you need a 2nd guitar, come say hello :)

Kev