Views on Dimarzio and Seymour Duncan Malmsteen Pickups?

SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 698
edited April 2015 in Guitar
I fancy getting rid of the hum on my Texas Special equiped strat. I tried a malmsteen strat the other weekend, it had good driven sounds, but clean was a bit crap (it had Dimarzio YJM pickups). Anyone have anyone tried them? I'm also fancying the Paul Gilbert injectors ... any experience? I tend to play in or around my computer and the hum is insane ... Out of phase positions remove it, so I know it's just the pickups.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    I have an Injector in the bridge position on a Strat. It's pretty good, not too hight output, still retains most of that single coil high end sparkle. Sounds pretty fat and Tele like with overdrive, and is noiseless.
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 698
    I tried a Malmsteen strat with yjm Dimarzios again, and although the driven tone is nice, I found the lean really lacking.

I'm assuming this will be simular on the new Seymour Duncan versions (?). I can't find much comparing them online (at least from good zourcez).

All the reviews seem to rave about the Paul Gilbert Injectors, so they're seeming like a good choice if I do update the CS strat I'm selling.