NGD: Taylor GS Mini-e

What's Hot
kelv_wkelv_w Frets: 260
Couldn't be any happier :) 
Just got myself the new GS Mini-e (basically with built in electrics) Sounds huge when plugged in the THR. 

nice rosewood laminate side & back

and a bunch of freebies from the Roadshow

And lastly a cool Taylor Ballpen, courtesy from purchasing on the show :) 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    Very nice!!    If I buy another acoustic these are very high on the list!   Nice extra goodies as well :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    edited October 2013
    Great guitar, enjoy.

Edit: I've also got pen envy, or penvy. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • great guitars, to my ears the best sounding by far of all the "travel guitars", sadly I don't travel much & bass playing now takes up most of my spare time these days which is why mine is now in the guitars for sale section, enjoy, mike b.
  • I love mine congrats . They have a really big sound , Taylor quality and playability . Wish mine had built in electrics must be a recent option nice.
  • kelv_wkelv_w Frets: 260
    thanks :)  It's my first taylor and I was contemplating between the 114 as well but this is much more comfortable on the couch.
    The Mini-e has just been released this week. I basically got it the next day. 
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13566
    i really must try one out,  so I can make an "unbiased" review for once  :)     I so like the clean lines and proportions.  Can you still get "un E'd" ones ?  
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    Bertie: yup the normal GS mini is still available in the production line which you could still add a passive pickup later on. 
    However 'e' version comes with an active pickup and has the option to EQ which I think is worth the extra ££ 
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13566
    edited October 2013
    not a huge fan of plugging things in. Often a non- E'd version isnt an option, which is a shame

Dont s'spose you fancy a Taylor long sleeve t-shirt in XL ?   (got it with  614 about 10 years ago)
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    Very kind of you but thanks for the offer. XL is way too large for me ;) 

Here's the mini next to the LesPaul. I think I know why I find I liked the size so much. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24797
    Bought one identical to the OP's during my time away from the FB. Fantastic sounding, plays really well and is an ideal 'sofa' guitar. It's really got me into playing again.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    I got the non -e mahogany top version over Christmas, really loving it - not only is it the perfect size for chilling on the sofa but it also records really well! On top of sounding good, and playing really well I'm finding the low strings have a real nice punch to them, it's a fun acoustic to riff on. :D
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    I had one last year whilst working away, bloody excellent guitars, took it everywhere, they sound fantastic.

Great GAS
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24797
    There's something about the fact that they a relatively cheap that appeals to me as well. There's a sense that they punch above there weight not just in relation to their size but also their price. Mine is flawlessly built. Clearly Taylor's Mexican factory is just as good as the American one.
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2875
    Ahh lovely guitars man :)
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    edited February 2014
    mrkj2000 said:
    I love mine congrats . They have a really big sound , Taylor quality and playability . Wish mine had built in electrics must be a recent option nice.
    This sums up my thoughts! My Mahogany topped Mini is teh secks. I loves it so. 

Looks good under stage lights too
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    I've been finding it records wonderfully in a mix with drums, bass, electric guits etc - Quite nice attack and midrange body without stepping in anyone else's toes.
  • Nice pen - but be careful with it!