Good old British Gas

What's Hot

A nice 9% increase on our bills, just in time for winter. Cnuts! At least Turpin wore a mask.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bertiebertie Frets: 13567
    edited October 2013

At least Turpin wore a mask.

and made a crackin hot-pot
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    Dick you knob

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

edited October 2013

gah, you changed your post rendering mine senseless.

I picked a hell of day to quit smokin'

• SSE first, BG next, closely followed by the rest of the cartel.

You can't win :x
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • vizviz Frets: 10682
    Congrats on not smoking Colin Dexter!!! Keep it up.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13567

rendering mine senseless.

narrow it down a bit 

:D
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    But at least we have the illusion of choice. Or they can offer us paltry savings and lock us into contracts.

It's all about getting the most money out of our pockets.
  • Just a thought: if you buy a product like gas they put the price up claiming it costs them more to supply it. You can't tell your employer to pay you more 'cos your costs have gone up - he'd say he can't afford it. If you told him to put his prices up he'd say his customers wouldn't pay higher prices. It seems though that "utility" companies, and council tax departments, food suppliers etc are all allowed to assume our pockets are infinitely deep. The money has to be going somewhere, perhaps everywhere BUT the pockets of people earning less than £50k (arbitrary figure)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)

And didn't they announce a profit rise last year to £350m or something? I feel a pitch fork moment coming on 

bertie said:

rendering mine senseless.

narrow it down a bit 

:D

• shobetshobet Frets: 180
    Opened up the BBC news app this morning and saw these two headlines next to each other.

As Paul Calf would say, 'bag o' shite'.
    Do ursus deposit feculence in the thicket?

Here endeth the lesson. 
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    Just a thought: if you buy a product like gas they put the price up claiming it costs them more to supply it. You can't tell your employer to pay you more 'cos your costs have gone up - he'd say he can't afford it. If you told him to put his prices up he'd say his customers wouldn't pay higher prices. It seems though that "utility" companies, and council tax departments, food suppliers etc are all allowed to assume our pockets are infinitely deep. The money has to be going somewhere, perhaps everywhere BUT the pockets of people earning less than £50k (arbitrary figure)

Yep, absolutely. The problem is these things are "essentials" so it's not like you can tell them to stuff it if the price rises and you don't like it. They can go after you in court (utilities, councils etc) or you could always starve to death (food).
  • Looks like Jumpers and Candles in the future. Better buy the Candles now before they become more expensive than Caviar.

Profit is profit but this seems to be becoming more like Extortion and I thought extortion was Illegal.

:x
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • RoasterRoaster Frets: 18
    I work for them and I'm feckin disgusted....
  • vizviz Frets: 10682
    Is it related to milliband's pledge?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Why not switch? Ecotricity are actually cutting their electricity prices, and freezing their gas prices. They're able to cut their electricity prices as they are fully independent from the 'Big 6' - they manage their own wind and solar farms.

You can argue 'yeah but wind and solar get a big subsidy' but every utility or infrastructure gets a government subsidy in one way or another. Also nuclear gets a bigger subsidy than wind or solar, but you don't see cheaper electricity as a result.
  • RoasterRoaster Frets: 18
    @Viz at my level I doubt we would ever find out, but we have these increases every year, it's the % that's staggering! way above the rate of inflation . The city love it though, watch the shares go up!
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Oh. When they said GAS has gone up by 10%, I thought they meant........
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jellyroll said:
    Oh. When they said GAS has gone up by 10%, I thought they meant........
    chance would be a fine thing!