I'm speechless....

What's Hot

Comments

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    Heard on the radio today that people in Nepal are wringing out dirty wet clothes for drinking water.......So seeing this is disgusting.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11860
    Do people not have any sense of pride or dignity anymore?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Fretwired said:
    Drew_fx said:
    www.hipsterwelfare.com
    @Drew_fx .. I'm nicking that ...
    Did you actually visit the link dude? If not, do so! :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10266
    Post on facebook has been deleted. Reception was harsh by all accounts.
    Bitch hasn't even refunded my money.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Hertz32 said:
    rawk100 said:
    Watch out, i think its a trap! She looks like a goth to me and goths only play black guitars, not butterscotch teles......

You do know trap can be slang for a female to male transgender, dont you?
    Aye, looks like a trap!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • marantz1300marantz1300 Frets: 3107
    If you can stretch to a 70's Hiwatt as well as the gold top, that would be great.
    Address your donations to
    Mr Ebola Bokoharem
    Laos
    Nigeria.
    Thanks
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16658
    edited April 2015
    Steffo;616536" said:
    Self respect?
    Hands up anyone who may have pushed the boundaries of social acceptability in their youth. Hands up anyone who made a decision that was not the wisest.

She saw something she thought would be a short cut, she took it, it didn't work. She will suffer a bit for it. It will be a good life lesson for her.

Just a shame its all so public these days
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10264
    tFB Trader
    WezV said:
    Steffo;616536" said:
    Self respect?
    Hands up anyone who may have pushed the boundaries of social acceptability in their youth. Hands up anyone who made a decision that was not the wisest.

She saw something she thought would be a short cut, she took it, it didn't work. She will suffer a bit for it. It will be a good life lesson for her.

Just a shame its all so public these days
    Have a wisdom
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Self righteous is the theme of the wannabes
    tFB Trader
    blueskunk said:
    Self righteous is the theme of the wannabes
    Isn't that the the theme of so much of the internet? It's a mode it's all too easy to fall into. Social media flatters us all with our own importance, and bolsters the modern obsession with instant gratification.

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    I'm sure we've all done things in our youth which we regret. But hand on my heart, it would never cross my mind to ask for a luxury item through a crowd funding method. Particularly when far more worthier causes exist.
    I've read a bit of her defence on Facebook, she's acknowledged that it was a silly amount of money to ask for. She said she doesn't have the luxury of being able to work or a silver spoon etc. She was trying to appeal to fellow musicians. I think she may have had some success if she was asking for just a guitar.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Aw c'mon @WezV - isn't that like saying "She only pulled the trigger ONCE!"

She f##ked up bigtime.
    edited April 2015 tFB Trader
    My attitude is that she is a silly, misguided kid ... but at 17 ... she's a kid. 
    Of course my generosity could be influenced by my level of pain killers at the moment ;-)

• Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    edited April 2015
    My attitude is that she is a silly, misguided kid ... but at 17 ... she's a kid. 
    Of course my generosity could be influenced by my level of pain killers at the moment ;-)
    I'm still a kid by your logic then. And I'd like to think that if you didn't know I was 17, you couldn't tell on here. But I know the reality is that it probably shows (My love of metal and having too many strings is probably evidence enough for anyone) but I wouldn't have thought to be cheeky enough to ask for donations like that in a million years!

At 17, most people are starting to form quite adult ideas and opinions. At least in my experience with my 17 year old peers.
    If you blow it off because "She's a kid" then I think you are doing the right thing, but for the wrong reason.
    We all make mistakes, and god knows there are people way older than 17 that have done far more idiotic things.
    she screwed up cos she didn't think, not cos she's too young to know better.
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • GuitarZeroGuitarZero Frets: 254
    My missus part-funds all my guitars, without her, if I was desperate enough, I might try something similar....
    edited April 2015 tFB Trader
    Hertz32 said:
    I'm still a kid by your logic then. And I'd like to think that if you didn't know I was 17, you couldn't tell on here. But I know the reality is that it probably shows (My love of metal and having too many strings is probably evidence enough for anyone) but I wouldn't have thought to be cheeky enough to ask for donations like that in a million years!

At 17, most people are starting to form quite adult ideas and opinions. At least in my experience with my 17 year old peers.
    If you blow it off because "She's a kid" then I think you are doing the right thing, but for the wrong reason.
    We all make mistakes, and god knows there are people way older than 17 that have done far more idiotic things.
    she screwed up cos she didn't think, not cos she's too young to know better.
    We all grow up at different rates ... many people are bloody immature at 50+ (thinking of my own diecisions on occasions)  ;-) but I do think my life experience helps me to perhaps make less of a cock of myself than I used to :-)
    Er ... sometimes.
    I was chucked out of a very damn good band at 17 for shagging the drummer's sister ... poor career move, but it seemed a good idea at the time ;-)

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    I'm really nice and everyfink and I need a car to get me to work
    please donate to my Aston Martin DB9 fund
    play every note as if it were your first
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    when I was a teenager I washed cars in a used car dealers for just over a year to save for my Strat

play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    @Clarky I thought about doing that exact thing, until I realized that *both* of the car dealerships where I live are new car only dealerships.

for Aston Martin, and Jaguar...
    >:D<
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1746
    Saw this and it annoyed me too.
    Where's this culture of wanting everything for nothing come from (i'm having a rant type day i feel)

On a related note I joined this facebook group last week and I'm staggered by some of the things people are selling and their expectations. I'm even more staggered by some of the replies. Quite often the same people saying "will you trade for x,y or z".

Could also please tell me why people are putting sale value £100 and then trade value at a much higher rate? I'm very confused by this.