SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Brook Teign dreadnaught - SOLD

jhumberjhumber Frets: 238
edited May 2015 in Acoustics £

Brook Teign acoustic guitar, made in 2003.

Sitka spruce top (with some bear-claw figuring)
Rosewood back and sides
Mahogany neck
Ebony fingerboard
Gotoh tuners
650mm (25.5”) scale
44mm nut width
K&K Mini Pure Western pickup
Hiscox Liteflite case

This guitar has a great balanced sound, and is equally at home strumming, flat picking or fingerpicking. It’s been my main recording acoustic for the past 5 years, and although it has some small scratches and dents on it (see pictures below), it’s still in good condition. Playability is exceptional - it has a nice low action, currently set up with 12s, and the comfortable standard Brook neck-shape. The upper-fret access is very good, due to the small heel Brook use. I had the K&K Pure Western Mini pickup professionally fitted, and it’s a great match for it.

These guitars retail at £2250 new. I’m looking for £1200. *** NOW SOLD ***

I’d prefer collection from Southampton, but can post if required (at additional cost). Also happy to meet up within a reasonable distance.

Thanks
Jordan

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• robwrightrobwright Frets: 736
    What a beauty!

• TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    We should talk:

- I'm in the market for a nice dread
    - I always fit K&K PW pickups to my guitars
    - I tend to play 12s
    - I live about a 20 minute drive from Soton!

I have a raft of nice items for potential trades too if that's of interest - will PM with some more details...

Meanwhile, one question - how well does it project in a crowded musical environment? (think rowdy acoustic pub folk session).  Particularly looking for a strong bass response.
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • jhumberjhumber Frets: 238
    SOLD
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914

Well folks, I bought this last night and within a couple of hours it was in action at a gig!  I think that's some kind of record for me  :)

I don't really do NGD threads, but wanted to thank Jordan for allowing me to take this lovely guitar home.  Sore fingers after a busy weekend, but I still can't put this beauty down.  I have a feeling I may be selling some other guitars soon...

Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • jhumberjhumber Frets: 238
    You're very welcome, glad the gig went well - and enjoy the guitar!
    Cheers
    Jordan