The mysterious world of ThorpyFx

What's Hot
18910111214»

Comments

• ennspekennspek Frets: 978
    Quality will out!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 3545
    edited December 2017

A wonderful demo demo of the warthog from Dennis Kayser. Enjoy

https://youtu.be/rW8ibQ5m-1o

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • fandangofandango Frets: 474
    Ah, just sussed out the name of one of the new pedals on Thorpyfx’s Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/thorpyfx/photos/a.1554361581488276.1073741828.1532216770369424/2042064322717997/?type=3&theater

I see “NER” and 4 stars.

Put the two together and add another star, and you get a “5 star General”.

Whoooooooooo! Yeah!
    It ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it!
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 1230
    My guess is the new 5 Star ‘boNER’ pedal  :)
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 4380
    No - it's the NERD pedal - the 5 stars are for his math's test result.
    It gets you a wedgie or a Chinese burn at breaktime

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of Earvana nuts, BKP, Oil City And Monty's pickups. Sperzel, Tonepros, Gotoh and Graphtech too!
    Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 6153
    The Ner Ner Ner Ner Ner Ner Ner Ner pedal for playing the Batman TV theme. 
    I feel the warm, healing, liquid presence of God’s genuine cold-filtered grace. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    fandango said:
    Ah, just sussed out the name of one of the new pedals on Thorpyfx’s Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/thorpyfx/photos/a.1554361581488276.1073741828.1532216770369424/2042064322717997/?type=3&theater

I see “NER” and 4 stars.

Put the two together and add another star, and you get a “5 star General”.

Whoooooooooo! Yeah!
    Close,  but no cigar
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • m_cm_c Frets: 240
    I'm going to hazard a guess, it's some kind of delay, called a Prisoner...
    m_c said:
    It’s not that, however I hate this.... I cannot keep secrets..... it’s a....

• m_cm_c Frets: 240
    Hmmm. Just had a proper look and I don't think it's an R. Right hand leg looks wrong for an R, and I think it's more like a N or M, so something with NEN, NEM in it, but my brain is drawing a blank.

Going by @ThorpyFX's not so subtle hint, I would of went with Informant or Informer, but that doesn't fit the text or spacing. And everything else I can think of relating to four stars wouldn't fit.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 4380
    it's a NERF, as in nerf gun.
    Fatherhood and Xmas has him playing shoot em ups with the kids with spongy bullets

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of Earvana nuts, BKP, Oil City And Monty's pickups. Sperzel, Tonepros, Gotoh and Graphtech too!
    Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• ChalkyChalky Frets: 4713
    Gunner?
    ThorpyFX said:
    m_c said:
    It’s not that, however I hate this*.... I cannot keep secrets..... it’s a....

*This:
    ... people talking about your products?
    ... the rampant speculation?
    ... having to respond to the great unwashed?
    ... keeping secrets?
    fandango said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    m_c said:

*This:
    ... keeping secrets?
    Keeping secrets about my products, as soon as they are finished I want to tell everyone...  love the first two on your list. No such thing as the third on your list.....
    ThorpyFX said:
    fandango said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    m_c said:

*This:
    ... keeping secrets?
    Keeping secrets about my products, as soon as they are finished I want to tell everyone...  love the first two on your list. No such thing as the third on your list.....
    Well ... to follow through in talking about your products ...

That Germanium Veteran is a great pedal. The hard part about having this on my pedalboard is the dreaded suspicion that the Silicon Veteran is a better pedal, despite me not having ever tried one. The 'boost' is as clear/clean as you'd ever want it. And I'm appreciating just how different the fuzz is from overdrive. Fantastic.

Keep up the great work!

Enjoy NAMM .... and California ... and to get you in the mood ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOKGUWjHWHA
    edited January 6
    fandango said:
    Well ... to follow through in talking about your products ...

That Germanium Veteran is a great pedal. The hard part about having this on my pedalboard is the dreaded suspicion that the Silicon Veteran is a better pedal, despite me not having ever tried one. The 'boost' is as clear/clean as you'd ever want it. And I'm appreciating just how different the fuzz is from overdrive. Fantastic.

Keep up the great work!

Enjoy NAMM .... and California ..
    it’s difficult this one. I don’t think either is inherently better than  the other. The only way I can describe it is like this.

imagine two brothers, one moves to Canada and the other stays in the UK. Both have similar lives.

on a reunion, they are so very similar but they have different accents from each other. Depending on your ears, you’d prefer one or the other or maybe you’d be unable to state a preference and this is where I sit.

for me, I’m loving the silicon at the moment, but sometimes I just need the germanium sound for specific things.... thankfully I have both.

come to the Brum guitar show and try the silicon, you may find you just don’t care enough to worry  after that. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    edited January 13
    Here you go.... a very nice demo from mike Herman’s. 

https://youtu.be/2RS_IpouSgQ