Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The mysterious world of ThorpyFx

What's Hot

Comments

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7321
    Peacekeeper is in Guitar &Bass too.
    Can't believe they gave it an 8 out of 10 because they thought the top of it was too reflective and you can't read the dial labels until you're up close. How fucking long are your arms? It's not like you can adjust them from a standing position anyway. You have to get down on the floor up close to adjust them in the first place and then you can read them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6123
    edited May 2016 tFB Trader
    DefaultM said:
    Any other pedals in the works? I've got all 4 now and I can't imagine the next pedal would be a drive one. These 4 have got all bases covered that I can think of.
    Well, we need the dust to settle on these four really. We have a few ideas at the earliest concept stage, I have a limited edition item that will drop at the end of this year and then i need to knuckle down to turn these concepts into reality. Lots going on at thorpy HQ, moving office, Moving house etc etc

That reminds me i need to screen capture that review and post it. 

DefaultM said:
    Can't believe they gave it an 8 out of 10 because they thought the top of it was too reflective and you can't read the dial labels until you're up close. How fucking long are your arms? It's not like you can adjust them from a standing position anyway. You have to get down on the floor up close to adjust them in the first place and then you can read them.

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24199
    DefaultM said:
    To be fair I said that the very first time Thorpy posted a pic of the Gunshot.

Up close and personal to read them is fine in the house. Under stage lighting (or bright sunlight at the wrong angle) it's a very different kettle of wombats.

Fender's white writing on silver control panels; Mesa's stupid Dual Rec knobs; Boss new DS1X controls all suffer the same problem.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader

DefaultM said:
    To be fair I said that the very first time Thorpy posted a pic of the Gunshot.

Up close and personal to read them is fine in the house. Under stage lighting (or bright sunlight at the wrong angle) it's a very different kettle of wombats.

Fender's white writing on silver control panels; Mesa's stupid Dual Rec knobs; Boss new DS1X controls all suffer the same problem.
    So im in good company...... :)
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24199
    That's true! I like all of them too!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    I think they would probably be unreadable in many situations. But, by no means alone in that and there are only four knobs with clear pointers and most people most of the time wouldn't be twiddling them much anyway. Once you've had five minutes of familiarity with the pedal I suspect it is a non issue.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Most of the time you will find a setting you like and leave it there anyway.
    I don't really understand personally because I was adjusting the settings mid gig and found no issue. No I couldn't read them when I was stood over the pedalboard, but equally I couldn't reach them from there either. When I bent down to a position where I could reach them then I could also read them.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3820
    Loving my Peacekeeper. Absolutely outstanding low gain overdrive. And I've tried a few! I must admit, I thought the same - can't read the knobs! And the ultra bright LED makes things worse, even in daylight. But whatever... The important thing is tone, and it's got a bucket load of that. Brilliant, Thorpy.
  • velvetsky01velvetsky01 Frets: 71
    hello guys 

i was wondering if someone could help....

I have a gunshot - and i know it does an amazing heavy gain (MIAB) type sound i can get that quite easy 
    but what i am wondering are what are peoples views of this doing a TS/booster type sound to push another (MIAB) pedal? i am struggling abit to get a sound that i am happy with 

more gain? less calibre? or just more volume and less everything else?  
    Here is my Trader Feedback Page - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/62051/
  • Turn the calibre down or off and it sounds pretty TS like to me.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    tFB Trader
    hello guys 

i was wondering if someone could help....

I have a gunshot - and i know it does an amazing heavy gain (MIAB) type sound i can get that quite easy 
    but what i am wondering are what are peoples views of this doing a TS/booster type sound to push another (MIAB) pedal? i am struggling abit to get a sound that i am happy with 

more gain? less calibre? or just more volume and less everything else?  
    What you need is tone at 1400, gain to taste and use the volume of the pedal to boost. Roll the calibre off or you'll be boosting all sequences at the same time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • velvetsky01velvetsky01 Frets: 71
    Thank you thorpy il give that ago just want to have it on the board as its so flexible so had hoped it did that :-)
    Here is my Trader Feedback Page - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/62051/
    tFB Trader
    My pleasure, it is a combo of mid focussed and treble and bass focussed circuits, this is why you will need to roll off the calibre to accentuate the mids.
    Thank you thorpy il give that ago just want to have it on the board as its so flexible so had hoped it did that :-)

tFB Trader
    If you don't already have a copy of this months Guitar and Bass magazine, the WARTHOG gets a grin inducing editors choice award in the review! so thats two builders from this shire featuring this month, us and Oil City!!  Go and buy a copy now!!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    My Warthog arrived yesterday but I'm moving house so my amp is away and had no time to plug it in :-(
    Had a read. Looking forward to trying it now.
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    ProGuitarShop demo just up

Stop crying, start buying
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Moss said:
    ProGuitarShop demo just up

massive fan of Mike Hermans demos, this one is particularly in depth, thanks for sharing.
  • mark99mark99 Frets: 8
    Woah, best demo yet. Had no idea you could get such a range of tones from it! I've got a Muffroom with a Peacekeeper on the way. Thought that would cover it, but now it seems I need a Warthog too...