Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The mysterious world of ThorpyFx

What's Hot

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6125
    tFB Trader
    Finally managed to get a copy of the latest guitarist magazine, I'm really happy with this interview/rundown of the gunshot. http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m447/thorpy6/image.jpg1_1.jpg
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    thorpy6 said:
    Finally managed to get a copy of the latest guitarist magazine, I'm really happy with this interview/rundown of the gunshot. http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m447/thorpy6/image.jpg1_1.jpg
    Mine arrived yesterday - top work, Thorpy  :)
    Stop crying, start buying
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3671
    @thorpy6 Does it really "crackle" when you turn the Calibre control?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    @thorpy6 Does it really "crackle" when you turn the Calibre control?
    Yes it does, .... however it doesn't crackle when playing through it. calibre is like a bias control.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27445
    Nice article - just read it :)

Like the technique of the intro interview a month (or two?) before the review too ... build some awareness & profile, and then hit them with the product! 

Wonder if we could get them to carry a little feature on the forum
    ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30887
    "Whenever you open a missile or something..."

I have to agree- everytime I open a missile I'm amazed at the soldering.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    Nice article - just read it :)

Like the technique of the intro interview a month (or two?) before the review too ... build some awareness & profile, and then hit them with the product! 

Wonder if we could get them to carry a little feature on the forum
    ;)

yeah the full review is coming up soon...... Surely there must be enough water under the bridge for them to do a piece? I'd contact them.
  • JadenJaden Frets: 251
    hearing great things about your pedals @thorpyfx !!
    Jaden Rose Guitars :: Jaden Rose Guitars on Facebook :: My Facebook :: YouTube

The young do not know enough to be prudent, therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it, generation after generation.

tFB Trader
    Jaden said:
    hearing great things about your pedals @thorpyfx !!
    thanks @Jaden, we aim to please!!
  • BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 411
    Just wanted to publicly thank Thorpy for a very neat and timely repair he did on one of my pedals.  Great service from start to finish...Many thanks again Adrian    :)
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
    tFB Trader
    Heres a clip a friend of mine has recorded using the MUFFROOM Cloud, all tracks of guitar and bass have used the Muffroom Cloud, hopefully it'll demonstrate the pedals versatility for the downtuners and Bass aficionados amongst you.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    edited August 2015
    WOW!!!
    tFB Trader
    Really over the moon with this review, I think it captures everything we are trying to achieve with ThorpyFx and the muffroom cloud particularly! Cheers @ChrisV http://www.guitar-bass.net/gear/thorpyfx-muffroom-cloud-review/
  • xchrisvxchrisv Frets: 573
    No worries, it's a hell of a pedal!
    edited August 2015 tFB Trader
    The Gunshot receives another cracking review- this time from the TONE REPORT in THE USA!!! have a read hear:

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m447/thorpy6/image.jpg1_2.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27445
    Nice reviews, sir.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    edited September 2015 tFB Trader
    I redid the video, this one doesn't have any digital clipping in it.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    The Gunshot has just received a Premier Guitar Gear Award!!! stoked!

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10318
    tFB Trader
    Too right you should be chuffed ... so glad to see your products getting the recognition they deserve ... and flying the flag to boot. 
    As soon as funds allow I will be picking up a Gunshot for demoing pickups through. Well done sir!
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    That is a glowing review, well done! Seems to like Carr amps judging by some of the users on here and that review, looking forward to trying it with mine when my turn on the tour comes up.