Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The mysterious world of ThorpyFx

What's Hot

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6129
    edited November 2015 tFB Trader
    I'm fairly sure you mentioned a low gain pedal coming next? Although many, many people have suggested a high quality mute button would improve my sound no end...
    I have two pedals ready to release... one is 100% completed (a med gain distortion called the Warthog) and a low gain overdrive called the Peacekeeper. The peacekeeper is currently in the wild to the tune of three pre-production pedals. The picture i posted was the first PCB of a finalised pedal. I'm very happy with it though.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have the ThorpyFX page on Facebook so I'll look later, sounds interesting. :)
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @ThorpyFX that's awesome! I love your naming conventions, I can't wait to hear them in action!!!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    edited November 2015
    ThorpyFX;849790" said:
    EricTheWeary said:

I'm fairly sure you mentioned a low gain pedal coming next? Although many, many people have suggested a high quality mute button would improve my sound no end...

I have two pedals ready to release... one is 100% completed (a med gain distortion called the Warthog) and a low gain overdrive called the Peacekeeper. The peacekeeper is currently in the wild to the tune of three pre-production pedals. The picture i posted was the first PCB of a finalised pedal. I'm very happy with it though.
    Are they all in the same "thorpy" enclosure?
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
    tFB Trader
    Mkjackary said:
    ThorpyFX;849790" said:
    EricTheWeary said:

Are they all in the same "thorpy" enclosure?

of course
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11590
    tFB Trader
    The Warthog is wonderful and I really enjoyed the pre-production version of the peacekeeper, and the peacekeeper run into a Gunshot is a rather special treat.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• I'm fairly sure you mentioned a low gain pedal coming next? Although many, many people have suggested a high quality mute button would improve my sound no end...
    with remote switching no doubt..
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24249
    What we need next is a bass drive that gets as filthy as the Darkglass B7K - BUT also automatically applies compression to the clean blended part of the signal - that compression being equal to the compressive effect on the drive. 

So the attack and release on the clean side is the same as the driven part. That way the notes would decay the same way and the 2 parts would appear to be 1 properly melded sound.

And the moon on a stick, obviously.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Teetonetal;850711" said:
    EricTheWeary said:

with remote switching no doubt..
    Now you come to mention it...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • AllyAlly Frets: 64
    Gunshot arrived late on today. Looks great. Lovely packaging with some nice touches. I'll get a chance to try it tomorrow Very excited though as I've never had a pedal quite in this league before. It's all a new adventure feeling for me.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Ally said:
    Gunshot arrived late on today. Looks great. Lovely packaging with some nice touches. I'll get a chance to try it tomorrow Very excited though as I've never had a pedal quite in this league before. It's all a new adventure feeling for me.

congrats on the new purchase and thanks for the support! Enjoy!
  • AllyAlly Frets: 64
    I didn't realise how good the Gunshot would be. I said previously that I've never had a pedal like this before but this exceeded all expectations. I only played it for about 15 mins the first time and walked away. I didn't quite believe it could be that good: almost too much to take in. Been a couple of days now and played it a lot, and each time it's proved me wrong: fantastic every time: my ears are starting to believe it. Showing itself to be extremely versatile as I play about with it more. Great buy from my point of view. I'll be looking at the Muff thing once I can get it past the wife.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Ally said:
    I didn't realise how good the Gunshot would be. I said previously that I've never had a pedal like this before but this exceeded all expectations. I only played it for about 15 mins the first time and walked away. I didn't quite believe it could be that good: almost too much to take in. Been a couple of days now and played it a lot, and each time it's proved me wrong: fantastic every time: my ears are starting to believe it. Showing itself to be extremely versatile as I play about with it more. Great buy from my point of view. I'll be looking at the Muff thing once I can get it past the wife.
    Im really glad you love it. I love the fact that people are enjoying these pedals as much as me, makes it so worthwhile.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11590
    edited November 2015 tFB Trader
    Ally said:
    I'll be looking at the Muff thing once I can get it past the wife.
    You'll need Private Browsing rather than Major Thorpe for that    :))

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    So, we feature in Premier Guitars 2015 Gear of the Year awards, such an honour to have made such splash!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3469
    edited November 2015
    @ThorpyFX, I'm gassing for a Klone, is it worth holding off? Sorry, I'm not trying to get you to break your rules of secrecy but I'm intrigued by this low gainer of yours. Can you share any more info with us about your new pedals?

Thought it was a bit cheeky for the Andertons video to switch off just as Chappers was about to obliterate the Warthog!!! I was really excited to hear that in action!!! :-)

tFB Trader
    @ThorpyFX, I'm gassing for a Klone, is it worth holding off? Sorry, I'm not trying to get you to break your rules of secrecy but I'm intrigued by this low gainer of yours. Can you share any more info with us about your new pedals?

Thought it was a bit cheeky for the Andertons video to switch off just as Chappers was about to obliterate the Warthog!!! I was really excited to hear that in action!!! :-)

the peacekeeper is not a klone, however I do believe it kicks the arse of any klon I have heard. Hope that helps.
  • That's good enough for me. Worth holding off, I say! Thank you!

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Just got me a set of your pedals to see how they staked up to the considerable hype they are generating. Views are as follows.

Gunshot: full on without being overly high gain. The caliber knob is its best feature as it really adjusts the character of the distortion on offer. My small amp rig only has one channel at a time (ie no footswitches) And normally runs a Mesa TS clone, and either a cheapo Mooer OCD or an Electroharmonix Klone clone into a Blackstar HT Metal. The Gunshot is a better pedal than the Mooer (no surprises their the Mooer will be replaced) and any of my TS9 clones (Mesa Grid slammer and Mooer clone) but lives in a different space to both. If space and power supplies are an issue the Gunshot would be the pedal of choice for a simple distortion option. But the HT Metal does more and is essentially a two channel preamp so would stay if I don´t need to reduce floor space. (It is a more of stand alone distortion box than a boosting pedal) 

Color me interested in the Peacekeeper as I´m looking for a low gain pedal to replace the cheapo EHX thing that I got to try Klone type pedals. On my big amp rig, which has 4 channels, I would not use this pedal as the Raw and Vintage channels on the amp do that distortion range slightly better (again expected, it´s a Mesa Roadster and very good at distortion)

Muffroom Cloud:- My previous messing with Fuzz consisted of an Eric Johnson Fuzzface. Within 2 seconds of plugging into the Muffroom Cloud the Fuzzface was permanently off my board. If you want to sound like Dave Gilmore doing Fuzz, then this pedal is job comfortably done. Makes the pedal board on both amp set ups and is easily the best pedal of its type I´ve heard.      
    tFB Trader
    Evilmags said:
    Just got me a set of your pedals to see how they staked up to the considerable hype they are generating. Views are as follows.

Gunshot: full on without being overly high gain. The caliber knob is its best feature as it really adjusts the character of the distortion on offer. My small amp rig only has one channel at a time (ie no footswitches) And normally runs a Mesa TS clone, and either a cheapo Mooer OCD or an Electroharmonix Klone clone into a Blackstar HT Metal. The Gunshot is a better pedal than the Mooer (no surprises their the Mooer will be replaced) and any of my TS9 clones (Mesa Grid slammer and Mooer clone) but lives in a different space to both. If space and power supplies are an issue the Gunshot would be the pedal of choice for a simple distortion option. But the HT Metal does more and is essentially a two channel preamp so would stay if I don´t need to reduce floor space. (It is a more of stand alone distortion box than a boosting pedal) 

Color me interested in the Peacekeeper as I´m looking for a low gain pedal to replace the cheapo EHX thing that I got to try Klone type pedals. On my big amp rig, which has 4 channels, I would not use this pedal as the Raw and Vintage channels on the amp do that distortion range slightly better (again expected, it´s a Mesa Roadster and very good at distortion)

Muffroom Cloud:- My previous messing with Fuzz consisted of an Eric Johnson Fuzzface. Within 2 seconds of plugging into the Muffroom Cloud the Fuzzface was permanently off my board. If you want to sound like Dave Gilmore doing Fuzz, then this pedal is job comfortably done. Makes the pedal board on both amp set ups and is easily the best pedal of its type I´ve heard.      
    Wow, thank you very much indeed!