SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WANTED: Cheap crappy Left Hand Strat copy thing

As per title...anyone got owt? :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    I've got an MIJ Body (sprayed with white car paint and sprayed back), MIJ neck (no head decal just the one on the back of the neck), Wilkinson Gold Trem... £60 posted?

interested in building one?

Also got a Squier 3 tone sunburst with a red swirly scratchplate ... £40 posted?
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8017
    Where are you based? :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1468
    A bit OT, but I have a Taylor Big Baby that needs a small repair (about £40) if you're ever interested in a LH acoustic. Just thought I'd put that out there :D
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    frankus said:
    I've got an MIJ Body (sprayed with white car paint and sprayed back), MIJ neck (no head decal just the one on the back of the neck), Wilkinson Gold Trem... £60 posted?

interested in building one?

Also got a Squier 3 tone sunburst with a red swirly scratchplate ... £40 posted?
    Was the MIJ Body, neck, & trem combo the one that was up for sale over at 'the other place' on that FS thread that dragged on forever ? If the neck is cool and Harry doesn't want it I might take it on as my first born is lefty and is making noises about learning...
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8017
    DrBob - Please feel free to liaise with frankus on this - I've just purchased something else.

This place is murder, I emphatically wasn't going to take on any more 'projects'... Go on then, any pics ? Also any info on the condition of the neck & frets ?
    Hmmm, that last post made it sound like I was doi g this under duress, or wasn't actually keen or something. That's not the case I'm deffo interested
    Hi Bob,

indeed was sorbz62's iirc the neck is in good nick as are the frets.

what pics do ya want and I'll take em :)
    Sorbz62, that was the fella !

As to shots, err couple of general shots of the body front/back to show how good/bad/other the car spray paint job is, maybe some detail shots of any obvious dents, dings, gouges. Same with the neck really.

Thanks man
    ok get them done tonight ;)

edited August 2013
    Yep, that definitely looks like a left handed Jap Strat that's been sprayed with a rattle can and then sanded back ! Not that this is a massive drama as I'm thinking that what I might do is sand it back, have my mate Gary prime it and then let her have at it with the paint, make it her own One final thing, what's the back profile on the neck like ? I'm asking because I've got a really nice skinny (albeit R/H) Charvel Strat neck that might suit her 7 year old hands better in which instance I might repurpose this neck for my own Partscaster as I'm a massive fan of both CBS & reverse headstocks so it might be the very thing ! Also one last last thing, I'm actually on me hols until a week today, I'm coming at you via the free hotel wi if which is cool but I don't know if I fancy running the Paypal gauntlet over this connection.. Can you hang on for payment ? If not, no dramas, I think there might be a more secure connection available.
    Hi Bob :) no problems in waiting - I'll see if I can find details on the neck profile ;)
    frankus;9039" said:
    Hi Bob :) no problems in waiting - I'll see if I can find details on the neck profile ;)
    Sweet ! Thanks for keeping it for me till I'm back in blighty, I shall be in touch upon my return. In the meantime any further intel on the neck is gratefully received !