Guitar Racks

What's Hot
TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
I want to buy a guitar rack for 5, maybe 7 guitars. What ones are good enough? are Rockstand any good? Should I be avoiding cheaper makes and go for K&M etc..
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    I have a 7 guitar Hercules rack in my studio and it's great. There are 9 electrics and 1 bass on it currently and it copes fine. It's expandable by buying the extra bits whereas a lot of them aren't. I've had a couple of the cheaper ones too and whilst they've broadly been OK, you do get the occasional sharp edge, stripped thread, back of your mind concern that it might collapse one day etc
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    Contact @hubobulous - he is an expert at building custom guitar racks....!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

£23 for a 7 guitar stand. I have one, and its fine, better than most £70 ones on the market.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IYSRK3K?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Do make sure it is nitro friendly if you have nitro finished guitars.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    I've got a few the same model as @Bogwhoppit - as he says, they are as good as the more expensive ones and my nitro guitars don't complain.
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    Do make sure it is nitro friendly if you have nitro finished guitars.

I cover all my stands with self stick felt from Hobby craft at 80p a sheet. That way I can use if for any type of finish and be confident my nitro guitars are safe. I've had so called nitro friendly stands wreck a Firebird finish in under 24 hours - so felt is the way for me.

http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/black-self_adhesive-felt-sheet/572837-1000

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DinosauriaDinosauria Frets: 67
    Chalky said:
    I've got a few the same model as @Bogwhoppit - as he says, they are as good as the more expensive ones and my nitro guitars don't complain.
    I use 2 of these too and they're great. They also take up less room than my Herculese 3 guitar rack.
  • skankdelvarskankdelvar Frets: 473
    I tried one of the cheapies and found out why it was cheap. 

7 guitar Hercules job now - rock solid even with 6 electrics, a bass and two acoustics on it. Cost me about £80 which is a small price to pay when you've got that much stuff on it. And the add-on neck supports are cheap as chips.

:) Ta to bogwhoppit for the heads-up on the s/a felt. Order going in.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • frankieMARTfrankieMART Frets: 39
    The cheapy ones work fine for me. I just search for 5/6/7/8 guitar stand on ebay and see if there's any good ones for cheap. 
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    Avoid the Goliath ones - I have one, and it's terrible. :D
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --