Anyone tried the moog low pass filter?

What's Hot
BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
I'm really interested in getting one, both for guitar and bass. Anyone have any experience with one?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    ask me in a few days ;-)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    meltedbuzzbox, I see you have the phaser and ring mod on your pedalboard. All three (including the low pass filter) are pedals that I'm considering at the moment. I can only afford one, so the question is: What's your favourite of the two that you have at the moment? 
  • danodano Frets: 1588
    edited May 2015
    I have one and its superb. Very responsive and tweakable. All controls can be controlled by an expression pedal.. I use mine on guitar for 'standard' auto wah type sounds and then add a fuzz and expression pedal to the filtet cut off for great synth sounds.

I have used it on bass (im not a bass player) for messing around and it works really well on bass.

Ask away if you have questions....
    Branshen said:
    meltedbuzzbox, I see you have the phaser and ring mod on your pedalboard. All three (including the low pass filter) are pedals that I'm considering at the moment. I can only afford one, so the question is: What's your favourite of the two that you have at the moment? 
    tricky question. 
    The ring mod is actually an awesome tremolo and it can give lovely chimey overtones if applied subtly.
    If you go beyond its mental and you can even play it like a thermin or have the full darlek noise fest

the phaser is super thick and lush and sounds brilliant. You can fix the sweep of the phase to stay in one position or you can make it sweep through the full cycle over 90 seconds (it might go for longer). 
    In normal moog fashion it can go totally tits when you max the dials and it does a ring modesque sound. 

I honestly couldn't choose. The phaser probably has a more pratical use. 

Expression pedals really unlock any moog and seem to be essential. 

if you are near northampton you are welcome to check them out mate
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    How are you guys powering the moogs? I believe they are centre positive, so the reverse of normal boss type power supplies.

I'll have to get a new power supply for mine if I do get it cause I'm buying from America. I've got store credit at rogue guitar store.

Ooh, How's the drive on the pedals?
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7152
    Mines using its own PSU via the the courtesy AC on my Cioks / Eventide Powerfactor 2
    Cheers for piping up @gavhaus. Btw I'd blame you gav for all this moog gas. I'd never even looked at the line before you started going on and on about it.

Would you sell the adaptor that came with your moog?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Nope, it's in use! The MF-104M is the hungriest of them all at 400ma, and unfortunately the channels on my Cioks that could handle it are in use.
    Branshen said:
    Cheers for piping up @gavhaus. Btw I'd blame you gav for all this moog gas. I'd never even looked at the line before you started going on and on about it.

Would you sell the adaptor that came with your moog?
    ive got 3 adapters if you are in need fella
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • danodano Frets: 1588
    I power mine off my Voodoo Labs pp2+ with a little cable adaptor i made to swop pos and ground to make it centre positive.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4525
    edited May 2015
    moog - My Obsessively Outlandish Gas

And I mean that in a good way.
    GavHaus said:
    I would use a red cable on port 5 or 6 personally. 

I now have three of those red cables and I am about to order some more :-S
    They're dealing with many other things sadly!
    I keep telling you to go acoustic :-P

It would make life so much easier
    More chance of me going Moogcoustic
    Sorry to disappoint lads. After some thinking, I reckon a reamp kit will be a better use of my store credit..
    4 years later, now I'm playing bass guitar and also getting heavily into Tom Misch, who has one as a staple on his board. I've finally decided to satisfy my lust for this Moog, especially since they've been discontinued and the 2nd hand price is really starting to climb! Ordered this new online last week and just a few days later it seems to be very very difficult to get, outside of reverb and eBay..
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1057
    Im in the process of building a new board and have to cull four to three moogerfoogers.

Mf104, clusterflux and ring mod are my current choices but im debating swapping the ring mod for my midimurf.

They all sound wicked though!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Im in the process of building a new board and have to cull four to three moogerfoogers.

Mf104, clusterflux and ring mod are my current choices but im debating swapping the ring mod for my midimurf.

They all sound wicked though!

That sounds like an awesome (and heavy!) board..