Alter Bridge last night

gearaddictgearaddict Frets: 895
They were awesome. The acoustics in Wembley Arena weren't up to much though...and the PA seemed to be dying at one point. Shinedown were really good too, although the front man spent about half the gig preaching rock 'n' roll like a baptist pastor :)

They didn't play One Day Remains! My fave! Oh well...I guess they have 4 albums of stuff to play now. Don't think too much of the new album though.

Some very excellent moshing going on, despite the best efforts of the security dudes to throw the entire audience out of the venue one at a time. :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nice...a few of my friends went, and they were absolutely convinced that Shinedown were miming. Any comment?
    <space for hire>
  • Never occurred to me...I did a quick google and I see a lot of speculation about Shinedown miming. Maybe your friends were aware of this and that made them extra suspicious?

They did sound very good. Suspiciously good? Dunno...
  • Never occurred to me...I did a quick google and I see a lot of speculation about Shinedown miming. Maybe your friends were aware of this and that made them extra suspicious?

They did sound very good. Suspiciously good? Dunno...
    If I'm honest, I wouldn't have been that bothered. They always struck me as being Nickelback soundalikes, which confuses me in itself ;) I would probably have deliberately turned up so as to miss their set and start the evening with Halestorm instead.
    <space for hire>
  • Except Halestorm were on before them :)

I didn't know much Halestorm or Shinedown before the gig - I listened to a few albums beforehand and I probably preferred Shinedown but they are both pretty good.
  • Well, at least that proves I wasn't there ;)
    <space for hire>
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4998
    Shinedown use backing tapes live to thicken things out.
  • gearaddictgearaddict Frets: 895
    edited October 2013
    I find that quite impressive...how do they stay in time! :)