Crazy Strat Wiring Idea

Hi, I had this crazy strat wiring idea I wanted to try for my cheap strat.

To sum it up, there is no selector switch, there are 3 push pull tone knobs, push pull activates the pickup, and the tone controls the tone. there is also a 4th volume knob. I'm not good with circuits, so could anybody help with the wiring configuration? Also, I probably won't be able to do this anytime soon, as i'm buying an LP, so have basically no money.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4125
    Why not have a master volume and a master tone then 3 on off switches. Gives you 7 sounds very easy to fit and use in gig situation,
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    That would also work, but I prefer the look of the (almost) standard strat layout. I want it to be more disguised.
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4125
    So standard but without 5way switch ?
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    This one any good to you? Looks completely standard - master volume, master tone, and the 3rd pot acts as a blend, allowing all 7 pickup combinations plus some subtle shading re the pickup being blended in. Quite an easy one to do as well:

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71952
    Hi, I had this crazy strat wiring idea I wanted to try for my cheap strat.

To sum it up, there is no selector switch, there are 3 push pull tone knobs, push pull activates the pickup, and the tone controls the tone. there is also a 4th volume knob. I'm not good with circuits, so could anybody help with the wiring configuration?
    Important question: do you want the separate tones in order to be able to switch between preset tones, or to blend the different pickups and adjust them individually?

The reason it matters is that if it's to blend the pickups, it's pointless having separate tones because they all affect all the pickups that are on at the same time, since in a passive guitar they are all linked together and not isolated. Even if you use different value tone caps, the largest one overrides the others.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson