short shaft pots?

What's Hot
Hoping I'm being daft and  missing something obvious here guys!

I want to replace the wiring in an old gordon smith g60 as I'm replacing the pickups with some oil city humbucker size p90s, and want to keep the original loom intact due to the coil splitting etc.

Having taken the old pots out I'm not finding it easy to find the same size replacements. The threaded shaft is only 1/4 inch long and similarly narrow. I think these ones are about right, but can't see the linear equivalent:

Should I just be getting pots with a longer shaft and trying to fix the height with two nuts?

Any advice or suggestions?

cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3127
    These any good from Axesrus?  The also do Alpha pots that probably have narrower threaded shafts
  • horsehorse Frets: 1561
    edited May 2015
    Thanks Andy. I don't think they do alpha short shaft though? I tried a normal cts and the shaft was too thick for the holes. I'm guessing the shaft width would be the same on these? Don't really want to file the holes as trying to keep it all reversable
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3127
    The alphas go to medium which is an 8mm long shaft. Using a washer, this I am sure would be fine.
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    Have you considered enlarging the holes for imperial/US sized pots?

Seems a shame to limit yourself if you're upgrading. 
  • horsehorse Frets: 1561
    Yeah - but when the prices of 'vintage correct' gordon smiths go througn tbe roof, I need to be able to return it to stock! :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom