Mesa Boogie Track-Lock casters

JetfireJetfire Frets: 1687
So, I have recently picked up a Mark 4 mesa boogie and I was wondering if anyone has found a set of casters that can slot into the tracks on the bottom of Mesa Boogie stuff?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    If I remember rightly the MkIV isn't all that stable on castors, which may be why they got taken off.

Better to get a flightcase for it really. Yes, I know that adds about another third to the weight of something that already feels like it's made of depleted uranium...

Westside Distribution do sell them I think, but the flightcase might be cheaper ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1687
    Its not uber essentially thankfully but would be nice to have.. either that or ill have to get a skateboard for it.. I think small wheels wouldnt cause too much of a problem though but I can see your point about stability.. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Skateboards work really well. A friend of mine used to have a giant old HH bass cab that weighed about half a ton, but it was a piece of cake to move on the 'board. Seeing it tilt when cornering was quite fun too :).

I may be oversensitive to the stability issue because I had an old 100W Marshall 2x12" combo on castors once - without noticing, I must have tugged slightly on the guitar cable, and it fell over right behind me with the reverb turned up high... imagine someone sneaking up behind you with a tin dustbin and a baseball bat and you get the picture :D. Apparently I literally jumped into the air. It felt like I was going to need new underwear as well...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson