The cricket thread

What's Hot

Comments

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    One day cricket is getting way too unbalanced in favour of the batsman these days.

That said, we didn't half annihilate the Aussie bowling today!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14036
    tFB Trader
    481 for 6 - And the Aussies fought well in the last 5 overs to keep this below 500 - Should have brought in Willey and Plunkett once Hales and Morgan out - To big hitters - maybe, just maybe 500 was on then
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22097
    Today you've had the first and third highest team scores in one-day cricket ever.

scrumhalf said:
    One day cricket is getting way too unbalanced in favour of the batsman these days.

That said, we didn't half annihilate the Aussie bowling today!
    Wrong tense. It is too unbalanced in favour of the batsman. 

No records broken today. CRICKET IZ FUCKED. 

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3491

Especially in white ball/ODI's.  I'm really resenting all the new rules to make it even more stacked towards batsmen, eg fielding restrictions and the new white balls. 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11414

Especially in white ball/ODI's.  I'm really resenting all the new rules to make it even more stacked towards batsmen, eg fielding restrictions and the new white balls. 
    There was a piece on Cricinfo yesterday where Tendulkar was quoted as saying they need to go back to one ball in 50 over ODIs so that they can get reverse swing in the death overs.  That would help.

They need to look at the fielding restrictions as well.
    ODI tomorrow. Now the football's done, let's get a proper sporting thread up there again :D

ODI tomorrow. Now the football's done, let's get a proper sporting thread up there again :D
    Have to wait a bit longer then.  The proper cricket (in whites) doesn't start until 1st August.
    I'm so desperate for something longer than the 20 over shite that even ODIs counts as proper cricket now. 

I'm so desperate for something longer than the 20 over shite that even ODIs counts as proper cricket now. 
    Your avatar of Barney Ronay is somewhat disturbing.  Any particular reason for choosing that particular Graun writer and not Jacob Steinberg? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Your avatar of Barney Ronay is somewhat disturbing.  Any particular reason for choosing that particular Graun writer and not Jacob Steinberg? 
    Isn't it Donald Tusk?  If you are brave, go and read the Brexit threads in the politics section and you will get the context.  Alternatively, call the men in white coats for @Heartfeltdawn
    crunchman said:
    Isn't it Donald Tusk?  If you are brave, go and read the Brexit threads in the politics section and you will get the context.  Alternatively, call the men in white coats for @Heartfeltdawn
    I think you're right! 

I did not appreciate how much Ronay looks like Donald Tusk

This new Indian spinner looks a bit useful, I think we could be in a lot of trouble this summer.
    He bowled absolutely beautifully today. We clearly can't pick his googly and he bowled at the right pace on that wicket. 

Very heartening to see three sides out there today internationally with left-arm leg spinners (Yadav for India, Sandakan for Sri Lanka, Shamsi for South Africa). 

• GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    edited July 2018
    Had the huge fun of playing at Hove yesterday for the Sussex Invitation XI v Lords Tavs

Got a wicket coming down the hill- (former Eng bat Chris Adams, seen below contemplating his suicide method after his dismissal)  many members said that the sight of Gassage in full flow was reminiscent of Imran in his pomp. #whiteImmie

What a lovely day topped off by the trad visit to the Kebab Shop at 1am.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

Congratulatins to Jordan Clark of Lancashire who took the first Roses hat-trick for ages.

He dismissed Joe Root, Kane Williamson and Jonny Bairstow.

Not a bad haul.
    scrumhalf said:
    Congratulatins to Jordan Clark of Lancashire who took the first Roses hat-trick for ages.

He dismissed Joe Root, Kane Williamson and Jonny Bairstow.

Not a bad haul.
    I saw that as well. A hat trick of 3 of the best batsmen in the world, truly incredible. The Roses T20 match recently was a cracker as well. IMO it's a shame domestic cricket doesn't get a huge amount of exposure, which is a shame as the standard of cricket is possibly as competitive as any format of cricket available to viewers in the UK.
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2393
    Agreed, why the heck isn't that Roses match being shown even on Sky?
    I don't know about other counties but Somerset live stream their home County Championship matches on YouTube.
    Watch it on the Lancashire CCC live stream.