Lazy good for nothing twats (Ok I'm venting)

What's Hot
mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
edited August 2013 in Off Topic

There's one guy in our office who seems to have an issue with doing his job properly, and actually helping to get the work done.

As there's only one of our (actually fantastic) service girls in this week, and her manager has been stuck in meetings all day she's been struggling to get everything done. At 4-15, just before I was due to finish (4-30) I went to check if there was anything else to do. Ther was, so I set everything up ready so it could get ordered.

All I got from him was "Well, I'm not ordering the parts without an Email", even though I'd put down that I'll take responsibility for no Email. (we're supposed to get an Email, but in exceptional circumstances as above, I'll bend the rules to get the job done).

I have erupted at him a couple of times before, but he always runs to management, pleading innocence and that I'm in the wrong.

Last time (if anyone remembers from the MR days) was when I called him a F###ing c### (very loudly, and , apparently, my face was pure anger-which is very rare for me) repeatedly, in front of around 30 staff, and probably another 15 customers.....

Sadly for him, he'd managed to piss-off an (almost) entire staff by his attitude, and generally, being a Richard Madeley.

It's funny how, when it's me getting the job done comes first, when it's him getting the job done seems to come last.

And he wonders why no one goes to him when they need something done.

I should also point out that his job title is "supervisor", although at our place that means twice the square root of diddly squat. He has no more authority/responsibility/anything else than the rest of us.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    Yeah we have a guy like that. He's French.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Sadly this imbercile is just an imbercile.

He has a nick-name of Always, for 2 reasons, 1, his last name is Wright, 2 he (thinks he's) always right.

Sadly he isn't.

I have no problems with anyone being better than me, and being more capable than me, but when they clearly aren't and think they are, and tell everyone how great they are, that pisses me right off.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    Yeah we have a guy like that. He's French.
    I'm French. ;)
    But you're not an ass

Thanks, Mike. :)

I was just trying to make a point and could have as easily answered "We have a few guys like that. They're English.". :D
  • spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    @ddlooping, just so you know I wasn't making a sweeping reference that all French men/ women are lazy good for nothings. Just most of the ones I have ever worked with!
    ;)

I know plenty of lazy Dutch, Spanish and German people too. And don't get me started on the Mansfield lot!
    Okey dokey ;)
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26573
    Wait...you have service girls?

I'm clearly in the wrong job.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah we have a guy like that. He's French.
    I take this to mean you have a secret desire for French men but feel the need to mock them to preserve the illusion :-)

I totally understand though ddlooping is like a sexy hairy version of Napoleon!
    Old Is Gold
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Wait...you have service girls?

I'm clearly in the wrong job.
    is there a list of services and a price list??

btw - Mike: you need to boot this guy in the nuts..
    not out of rage or malice..
    just for fun..
    and as a demonstration that such an act can say more than words and screaming ever could..
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    "a sexy hairy version of Napoleon!"

does that mean that the original was none of these things???
    oh the disappointment..
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2013
    Welcome to  theFB , @Clarky, Sheldon ( @Antique_Guitars ) . :)

@Digitalscream yep indeed, and the pair of them are two of my closest friends

@Clarky, yesterday was very close to him being punched (Normally it's neigh-on impossible to wind me up), And prices depend on what you want,....A discs and pads change or and oil and filter change........

I walked out and sat with my little friend to calm-the-fuck-down......

• bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    edited August 2013
    Clarky said:

there's a selfservice portal on sharepoint
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28335
    I've spent my whole life working with one or other slackers. They are everywhere. It has to be said that being a hard worker rarely rewards though. I've been doing 9.5 hr days at work since we became a new organisation in March (for no extra pay!), I'll be lucky to get a pat on the back. I could ask for some time in lieu, but quite frankly it's not worth doing as I would be playing catch-up again afterwards. Needless to say the others I work with rarely put a full day in ....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    bertie said:
    Clarky said:

there's a selfservice portal on sharepoint
    you know this is a reference to the service girls...
    or did that escape everyone??
    maybe I was being a bit subtle... not something I'm famous for...
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Given that the thread is about people not pulling their weight - its probably not an ideal place to mention that I got signed off work again because of a torn rotator cuff (same one)... so I shan't be pulling any weight for a while :( 

@Myranda there's a huge difference between a doc signing you off sick, and plain being a lazy wanker, who wants all the credit for everything, but doesn't actually do the work to earn the credit. He's also very happy to tell everyone how great he is.

Plain and simple he is a complete Richard Madeley/Bono Crossbreed.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136

The problem I have is when people see something needs doing, and simply ignore it, hoping some other fucker will do it. And that starts the whole lazy process. Because when the conscientious people see that, they lose interest. I witness it all the time. And I guess it's the same wherever you work, because wherever I've worked there's always been the same cross section of attitudes, with the management scared to do anything about the slackers, who are generally the bolshie gobshite ones.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

@chillidoggy that's exactly him, to a tee. He even went to our manager today and asked "is there anything Jim (our apprentice) can do...

Which pisses me off, as Jim already had a bunch of stuff to do, which I was helping him with. The other guy in the office was busy, and Woody sat there, staring out the window....

My attitude has always been, "do what you gotta do to get the job done", his seems to be "cover my arse first, put obstacle in the way of getting the job done, suck-up to management, fuck everyone else as long as I can (try to) make myself look important".

Or as he's also been described a complete c##t......