What's Hot
1234568»

Comments

• RoxRox Frets: 2122
    viz said:
    Rox said:
    Gee

Or D
    That would be Dee - and he was in Twisted Sister, not Lynyrd Skynrd.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 174
    Yep I guess G is right answer....  But starts on D..  Easy way, look up sheet music and see what key is on it...

however it's kinda become normal to say such & such in and hove a key but really we mean starting on this chord as a quick way to tell band especially if we are changing keys.

Same as every freeking, blasted time I go to play "Sweet Little 16" I'll say sweet little 16 in D and rest of house band at jam/open mic go... Don't ya mean A??? No I freeking don't I mean D... Try doing a r&r/blues solo on 5th fret as if your in A and tell me how ya get on.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • The first solo, First 4 bars
    D- D major triad 
    C - He plays a line that use C Mixolydian scale
    G - G Major Scale

I would say the key is in G Major

I would use G Major Penatonic/Eminor Pentatonic and put is the Blues (b5) of the Em pentatonic scale. Sounds really cool over the C chord as its not supposed be there! Nice
  • The first solo, First 4 bars
    D- D major triad 
    C - He plays a line that use C Mixolydian scale
    G - G Major Scale

I would say the key is in G Major

I would use G Major Penatonic/Eminor Pentatonic and put is the Blues (b5) of the Em pentatonic scale. Sounds really cool over the C chord as its not supposed be there! Nice
    The b5 of Em is Bb which is the 7th of C. That very much *is* supposed to be there and why it sounds so good over the C chord. 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 3555
    edited November 2017
    After a huge amount of self assurance, then self doubt I can now definitively  state the key of Sweet Home Alabama is -1 

G \ D 

There, settled and everybody is happy

Or is it D \G .............

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Danny1969 said:
    After a huge amount of self assurance, then self doubt I can now definitively  state the key of Sweet Home Alabama is -1 

G \ D 

There, settled and everybody is happy

Or is it D \G .............

You missed out C Lydian as an option :)
    It's not a competition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Is now a good time to point out that comparing SHA and SCOM is just daft? Never mind whatever key SHA is or isn't in, it's 100% clear that SCOM isn't in D....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter