Other places to look for second hand amps

What's Hot
the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1778
Other than here and ebay are there other good places to keep an eye on for second hand amps?  There area couple of shops that I keep looking at (RichTone and Andertons - RT as they're local and Andertons as I've had good service there before) but feel that I could probably cast my net wider.

Any thoughts anyone?

I'm mostly looking for something Fendery - Supersonic 22, Deluxe Reverb that kinda thing.

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    edited October 2013
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1778
    Really?  I always thought Gumtree was purely for stolen items.  That's the impression I got from looking at bike stuff on there.
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    the_jaffa said:
    Really?  I always thought Gumtree was purely for stolen items.  That's the impression I got from looking at bike stuff on there.
    Well, I advertise bits and pieces on Gumtree myself, so I can say not EVERYTHING on there is stolen :)

I did see an item get advertised yesterday though, and it went through three price drops over the course of the evening, ending up at about a third of the price I thought it might fetch, which did make me raise an eyebrow a bit :)

Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

• Gumtree is actually really good.  Like anything, approach with a degree of caution, but I have bought and sold plenty on there.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    Fair enough, I'll reconsider and add that to the watch list. Cheers. Are there any other forums that are good?
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Have you tried looking here and on eBay?
  • I have a bookmark list I open when looking for S/H or B stock/ex display gear.

No affiliation and no promises of good service but it contains 

Andertons
    Coda
    Richtone
    GAK
    Sounds Great
    Tone World
    Peach Guitars
    Absolute Music
    Nevada
    Gumtree
    Ebay
    PMT Music
    World Guitars

I used to have an even larger list but deleted several as they were clearly rarely updated or never got anything of interest in.  I've also got 70+ saved searches on ebay.

Sourcing cheaper gear is like a second job for me at times, it does pay for itself though and more so the more expensive the items you're looking at (higher depreciation in ££s usually).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I found this one recently, not bought anything off there yet so no idea on how reliable the users are but a good selection of stuff and an excellent filtering search thing Www.guitarmart.co.uk Found it looking for a specific amp, just through google
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • Cash Converters - got my TC Impact Twin from there at a ridiculous price. Some proper bargains on their site, mostly when they don't know what something is.
    <space for hire>
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    Cash Converters - got my TC Impact Twin from there at a ridiculous price. Some proper bargains on their site, mostly when they don't know what something is.
    That's a good call DS - I just spent a couple of minutes scrolling through and spotted several bargains - mostly lesser known guitars or fx but it's probably worth checking back
  • John_P said:
    That's a good call DS - I just spent a couple of minutes scrolling through and spotted several bargains - mostly lesser known guitars or fx but it's probably worth checking back
    I'm now regretting this. Having spent the last half hour on there, I've spotted several items I've been looking for over the last few months. At bargainous prices, no less.

Ack.
    <space for hire>
    Excellent, thanks for all the suggestions.  Hadn't thought about Cash Converters really apart from my local one which I do keep an eye on.  Didn't know they did online sales so that is good.

Cheers to guitarfishbay for all those suggestions too.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3299
    Coda have the Amp your looking for or at least they did last night when I looked.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1737
    My only cash converters purchase was my Tech 21 XXL which was marked up for £10 - ultra bargain !
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    Cash Converters (and other chains of that ilk) is a good shout and if you're in store rather than online you can often do some serious haggling over price too. I knocked half the ticket price off a great Sunn Mustang guitar (one of the original Indian made ones) then traded in a stack of old unwanted Xbox games and came away with the guitar and about six quid of their money!

Had good experience with Gumtree and Preloved.co.uk, have seen some obvious scam ads but there's tons of good stuff on there.

Another goldmine I've found recently is the plethora of gear selling groups appearing on Facebook. There's national ones and tons of more localised ones too, although there's lots of duplication so you might find half a dozen groups where the same stuff is posted and re-posted. Done some good deals through them already, you just have to be patient sifting through then all!
    Well, thank you all, looks like Gumtree has come up trumps. The right amp about 2 miles from home and at the right price. Been and met the chap this evening and arranged to buy it.

Happy now

Cheers
  • It's a pity old fashioned junk shops/second hand stores are all but gone. Some right bargins were had in the 70s/80s