iPad Air

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    I was hoping the old Mini would be reduced more than that :(

I've got an iPad 2 I'm still happy with, but I'd like a mini for reading out and about.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71957
    I was hoping the old Mini would be reduced more than that :(

I've got an iPad 2 I'm still happy with, but I'd like a mini for reading out and about.
    I'm a skinflint and I was hoping the iPad 2 would be reduced more than that!

There's really no point in getting one if it's only £70 cheaper than the equivalent 16GB Air.

Still can't decide between the normal one and the Mini. I thought I wanted the Mini til I saw one, and it's a bit... small. But the ordinary one is a bit big! Maybe the Air will seem smaller.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26750
    Not sure on the name, but it looks like a good bit of kit. I've got a 3rd gen already though, and just got given an ipad mini from Uni (woop - although not a retina one, obviously).

I'm downloading Mavericks atm, I'll miss out on the free iWork package though by a matter of days as I picked up a new MB Air last month. Will report back if/when it installs ;)
    I assume the name is to allow them a 13" Pro version at some point in future if they want to. 

I'm really split between the Air and new Mini. I really like MrsF's ipad3 but it's just a smidge heavy for reading books. Will have to try the 2 side by side and see.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I've not used any of my 10 inch tablets since I got a Mini, it's absolutely perfect in size and weight IMO, I am looking forward to a decent 8 inch W8 tab. The Mini has showed me the way tablet size wise.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    I have a 1st gen mini.
    It is good on the go but after a year of having it I am finding the screen a bit restrictive.
    The main issue with the iPad 4 is the weight- if they have addressed that then the full-sized iPad will be perfect for me.
    YMMV of course.
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 554

I held off from the iPad until earlier this year, I thought that it would be a waste of money. I am amazed by how much it gets used, apps seem slick, updates so far have been relatively painless and the screen is very good.

Must go and have a look to see what all this iPad Air stuff is all about.

• Just don't put ios7 on the iPad 2. It really slows down
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71957
    Just don't put ios7 on the iPad 2. It really slows down
    I would also assume that means don't buy a new one now then, since it will come pre-installed.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• wibblewibble Frets: 1083
    Turn reduce motion on to disable all those animations - helps speed things up on old devices.

• Not sure on the name, but it looks like a good bit of kit. I've got a 3rd gen already though, and just got given an ipad mini from Uni (woop - although not a retina one, obviously).

I'm downloading Mavericks atm, I'll miss out on the free iWork package though by a matter of days as I picked up a new MB Air last month. Will report back if/when it installs ;)
    I assume the name is to allow them a 13" Pro version at some point in future if they want to. 

I'm really split between the Air and new Mini. I really like MrsF's ipad3 but it's just a smidge heavy for reading books. Will have to try the 2 side by side and see.
    Fair point, but a 13" version would be far too heavy to be practical, surely?! I'd rather a MBA with a touch-screen instead!

The weight really is the selling point to me now with the Mini, it's much more comfortable for one-handed reading (oo-er!), so I've found myself back on a DC comics marathon again! :D
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26750
    @guitargeek62 Hey, I didn't say I wanted one! But I can imagine it would sell a fair few units. The question is when they'll be able to get it thin & light enough without having 2 hours battery life as a cost. 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lol, yeah that would slightly hinder it!

I can see them bringing out a 10" Pro though; double/quadruple the RAM on it and add mouse/pointer support and it suddenly would become a lot more powerful to certain markets. 

That said, I'm still not sure there would be enough of a reason to buy one over a MBA/MBP?