Game of Thrones

What's Hot

Comments

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5373
    Did anyone spot some of Mastodon in this week's episode?

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26748

A giant twating zombies with a flaming tree. What's not to like?
    The bit with the giant stamping on the zombies was also very good.  Yep this series has drifted off from the books. It will be interesting to see if Mr Martin catches up with the TV series or goes in a different direction with the books.
    They've pretty much confirmed they're not trying to stick too close to his plan. Possibly because they have no faith he'll ever write the last bits...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    edited June 2015
    I only watched the first episode as I liked the advert Sky Atlantic had on, and Sean Bean was in it. I'd never heard anything about it back then and since it seems like everyone and their Granny has read the books. Frankly I tried the books after the first season ended on tv and was bored senseless.

The TV show to my mind is the best show I've ever seen. It's just such a ballache trying to avoid spoilers online, I crammed in a couple of episodes in the first season as I was away and it was excellent so watching week by week has annoyed me ever since.

Last night was amazing but the Red Wedding and Mountain vs Viper episodes got me jumping up and down. Gonna watch the one from last night again, or the last half again at least.

I seen this pic online on Monday and knew it was gonna be ace.
    DiscoStu said:

• sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1297
    Good episode. White walkers are a fascinating and still mysterious aspect of the world. I also appreciate the whole undead army thing is not strictly "zombies" but the thought struck my mind. The way they behave and even sound is not unlike several zombie-type films of recent years. That tainted the episode a bit for me, possibly because I'm so used to it being so fresh and original.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7273
    DiscoStu said:

Ol Brett didnt need much make up or anything, he pretty much looks like some kind of wildling already.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    GOT is less about fantasy, more about politics, power, sex, violence.
    The dragons/white walkers are really just a small element,

And yet White walkers and dragons have been mentioned from episode 1... I think the only words mentioned more than either "White Walker" or "Dragon" has been "Stark" and "Lannister" ... as small plot elements go, these are apparently pretty major small elements... like god is a small element in the bible sized small elements.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23919

Bad lip reading version.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528

Myranda said:
    GOT is less about fantasy, more about politics, power, sex, violence.
    The dragons/white walkers are really just a small element,

And yet White walkers and dragons have been mentioned from episode 1... I think the only words mentioned more than either "White Walker" or "Dragon" has been "Stark" and "Lannister" ... as small plot elements go, these are apparently pretty major small elements... like god is a small element in the bible sized small elements.
    Yeah its an important aspect, but part of the conceit is that its a world where dragons and magical shit isnt the kind of thing you see every day. He's not wrong. If you tried to sell someone on it by telling them it was like lord of the rings they'd be dissapointed.
  • d8md8m Frets: 2431
    This thread has now convinced to go back and read the books from the start!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4066
    Clarky said:
    And this series is diverging from the books alot

I'm only 2/3 through book 1..
    Same here, I started this week - they're brilliantly written, I'm really impressed with the series casting too though as I can't really picture them any other way while I'm reading it!
  • Oooh, well that were a bit of an exciting episode!
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Book readers seem pretty unhappy

My V key is broken
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    There have been some pretty brutal scenes this season.  Even without showing Shireen being burnt to death, her screams where horrific.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5773
    edited June 2015
    FX of her on the dragon at the end were terrible, reminded me of Neverending Story....apart from that a bit slow I thought? 

I think this season has overall been fairly weak, every episode has been slow, then a good ending to cock tease you then the next episode goes on to something totally different.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5128
    I'm really impressed with the series casting too though as I can't really picture them any other way while I'm reading it!

Me too. I'd seen some of the show before I started reading the books and found myself ignoring GRRM's descriptions where they conflicted with the show's casting.

Stannis's beard? Nah, not listening.

Tywin Lannister's bald head and massive blonde mutton chop sideburns? LA LA LA LA WHAT'S THAT GEORGE? CAN'T HEAR YOU!

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

lloyd said:
    FX of her on the dragon at the end were terrible, reminded me of Neverending Story....apart from that a bit slow I thought? 

i think you're being kind, they were embarrassing for such a big budget.
    Deijavoo said:
    lloyd said:

i think you're being kind, they were embarrassing for such a big budget.
    That's what I thought but the guys in work were saying they were ok for network tv effects.....I can live with them to be honest but I don't remember any other effects being that bad in the whole show (some of the wolf/dog bits were a bit shit) and I would guess there's a pretty big budget even for a tv show? The close ups of the dragon were fine as was when he was on his own, her riding hmi was just lame though....

The episode in the first season when the dragons were born I remember cringing a little.

In other news, why are people still banging on about Sansa and Ramsey in "that" scene? Yes it was unpleasant but what was so fine about a 14 year old Danerys being repeatedly raped in the first season? Seems quite odd for one to be outrageous and the other not. 

Deijavoo said:

The episode in the first season when the dragons were born I remember cringing a little.

In other news, why are people still banging on about Sansa and Ramsey in "that" scene? Yes it was unpleasant but what was so fine about a 14 year old Danerys being repeatedly raped in the first season? Seems quite odd for one to be outrageous and the other not. 

Ah yes they were shit weren't they? It's not a massive criticism and I can easily look past it.

Yeah, the people banging on about that were weird-it's Game of Thrones, you can't get shocked at stuff in it anymore. Joffrey was beating hookers and shooting them with crossbows, Danery's rape on her wedding night and that guy getting hit cock cut off, nothing. 

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I didn't realise Denaerys was 14 in S1.

I can look past the SFX this week because they were so brilliant last week. I wonder if we'll see any of Bran in the next episode, or if he's not going to feature this season?
    My V key is broken