Game of Thrones

What's Hot

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Final scene will be Ayra and Gendry sailing off into the sunset to answer the question she posed in Season 4; "What's west of Westeros?"

It'd be an incredible long game troll for them to fall off the edge of the world proving flat earth theory in the GOT universe.
    Isn't the GOT world curved inwards?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    Final scene will be Ayra and Gendry sailing off into the sunset to answer the question she posed in Season 4; "What's west of Westeros?"

It'd be an incredible long game troll for them to fall off the edge of the world proving flat earth theory in the GOT universe.
    No.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7412
    I'm glad that the Night King has been seen off before the end - it's Game of Thrones not Game Of Magic Ice Pixies. A rousing extreme-politics-and-surprise-deaths run in to the finale is spot on imo. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • Final scene will be Ayra and Gendry sailing off into the sunset to answer the question she posed in Season 4; "What's west of Westeros?"

I honestly don't know, I just assumed it was similar to earth.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24250
    TimmyO said:
    I'm glad that the Night King has been seen off before the end - it's Game of Thrones not Game Of Magic Ice Pixies. A rousing extreme-politics-and-surprise-deaths run in to the finale is spot on imo. 
    This.

Otherwise we would not get the Cersie v JS v Daenerys ending that the story needs.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited April 2019

I honestly don't know, I just assumed it was similar to earth.
    I thought there was something in the extras on the first DVD boxset about it, and in the opening titles you see the land stretching out and up at the horizon like the world is on the inside of a sphere with the sun in the center.

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    TimmyO said:
    This.  Wis'd
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    I think the prospect of Jon and Danny fighting to the death for the iron throne is pretty remote. They've had sex, fought together, and are family. Danny doesn't want the throne at all costs, or she wouldn't have wasted so much time in slaver's bay trying to liberate people. She went north with Jon to fight the Night King. In the knowledge that future events may make me eat these words, I don't think there's any Jon vs. Danny now beyond who's turn it is to do the dishes.
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762
    Isn't this All Bran?

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24250
    Cirrus said:
    I think the prospect of Jon and Danny fighting to the death for the iron throne is pretty remote. They've had sex, fought together, and are family. Danny doesn't want the throne at all costs, or she wouldn't have wasted so much time in slaver's bay trying to liberate people. She went north with Jon to fight the Night King. In the knowledge that future events may make me eat these words, I don't think there's any Jon vs. Danny now beyond who's turn it is to do the dishes.
    Doesn't have to be them.

Could easily be one of their followers taking matters into their own hands and murdering the other 'side' as it were.

• RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3139
    edited April 2019 tFB Trader

"Every cnut under the sun is a screenwriter this week" - LOL

*I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2926
    TimmyO said:
    This.

Otherwise we would not get the Cersie v JS v Daenerys ending that the story needs.
    The Night King thread did need tying up early doors, but it deserved something better than an hour of swinging swords about in the dark, before the antagonist - the subject of 8 seasons of build-up - gets shivved in the ribs.

They call it "the Great War". It was over before breakfast :D
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7412
    Bidley said:
    TimmyO said:
    This.

The Night King thread did need tying up early doors, but it deserved something better than an hour of swinging swords about in the dark, before the antagonist - the subject of 8 seasons of build-up - gets shivved in the ribs.

They call it "the Great War". It was over before breakfast :D
    if you can see off the Dothraki in 30 seconds, it was always going to be over by breakfast one way or another! :-) 

I liked it. I think a 'proper' fight where he loses (because we now know he does lose) would have been even more awkward - or like those superhero films where they end up throwing buildings at each other and somehow it just gets less and less impressive as it gets more overblown. 

Anyway, I count myself lucky that I'm in the "I bloody loved it" camp - on we go, south, to Cersei, hopefully via Clegane-bowl 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12345
    edited April 2019
    "if you can see off the Dothraki in 30 seconds, it was always going to be over by breakfast one way or another!"

Yep - they weren't going to survive any longer. It took the combined armies of the north, the unsullied and the dothraki just so there were some survivors to kill the night king. I did like the fact Jon Snow was just dismissed by the night king as was dany and the dragon so no-one was a threat to him but he didn't plan on Arya, it was a little LOTR with Frodo but he wasn't a double hard ninja.
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4630
    So will Sansa and Tyrion get it on?
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11889
    Final scene will be Tyrion aged 86 in bed with a belly full of wine with Sansas mouth around his cock.
    But won't she be like 60?
    70 I think
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11889
    SRich said:
    Isn't this All Bran?
    at least it will get things moving
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2926
    TimmyO said:

I liked it. I think a 'proper' fight where he loses (because we now know he does lose) would have been even more awkward - or like those superhero films where they end up throwing buildings at each other and somehow it just gets less and less impressive as it gets more overblown.
    I dunno, it's worked for Marvel over 182 movies :D

Yeah it was cool that Arya got the kill, if it was JS that would've been truly lame. Just a bit of dialogue between the King and Bran would've made that bit cooler and given it more of a payoff though.

I'm hoping the rest of the series gives it a bit more context.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264

I think Jamie will kill Cersei, and I think Jon will kill Dany who will likely have gone murder mental unable to accept that Jon is the true heir. Cue dragon stand off with Jon & Dany on one each, Dany about to kill Bran. Or something.

I reckon Tyrion is going to get topped too.

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    edited April 2019
    RiftAmps said:

"Every cnut under the sun is a screenwriter this week" - LOL

Irritating isn't it?

I honestly blame Red Letter Media.  OK, that's not fair, but the idea that all popular franchises should be demolished with amateur criticism partly comes from them and the success of their early reviews.  They have been copied left right and centre, and now every idiot thinks they are an expert in screen writing because they have figured out Jaws is a better movie than the Meg.

The main criteria for judging the show should not be "did it conform to my idea of good writing based on knowledge of screen writing I don't have" but instead "did I enjoy it?".

Ultimately, a professional critic is answering the question "will my audience enjoy this film?" and to answer that question they will tell you what they liked, and what they didn't.  It's good to follow that idea of saying why you like something or don't, but going "I enjoyed it but I thought this tiny negligible thing made it bad because of my elementary knowledge of good writing" is just, wrong.

Did you laugh, did you punch the air, did you cry, did you stay glued to it for it's runtime?  Those are the only questions we need to ask.  It's good not to be a professional.

Disclaimer: I like to write little reviews of every film I see on Facebook, and I try to follow the above rule when doing so!

You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom