Huss and Dalton.

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 30875
So, I have played many great acoustics.

Lowden's are my fave.

I thought.

Until I played a Huss and Dalton. OMFG they are amazing

Anyone else know of these?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    Played a couple in Oasis in Ringwood (a dread and a 000 size) a couple of years ago - I can still hear them now in my head.

Absolutely stunning, I have never played anything which felt quite so 'alive' to play.  If I had a four figure wodge of cash to put down on an acoustic, that would be where my money would go without even considering anything else.

They are now my benchmark for what an acoustic can sound like, and I've not played anything else that has come close yet.
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Chandler's have just got some new ones in - is that where you played them?  Neil's trying to get me to go in and try them out.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24797
    There's a friend of mine who techs for a number of major bands and he absolutely raves about them. I've not managed to try one yet - but definitely want to.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30875
    crunchman said:
    Chandler's have just got some new ones in - is that where you played them?  Neil's trying to get me to go in and try them out.
    Totally- have a look at the all maple one.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

Gassage said:
    crunchman said:
    Totally- have a look at the all maple one.
    Might need to sell my other Martin to be able to afford that one.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • woodywoody Frets: 74
    Ive got a cm custom,weve never gelled tbh. I wouldnt buy another one.i find its a guitar that impresses initally but long term its a little lacking for me..
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4256
    edited June 2015
    Lovely guitars. But I have tended to prefer Santa Cruz, Bourgeois, and even high end Martins to the H&D's.

They are bolt on necks and mostly poly finishes I think. Not that it makes for a bad guitar (one of my  favourite guitars, a Collings CJ35, is a bolt on), but it is quite a departure from traditional acoustic building techniques. There is a distinctly different tone from bolt on necks though, from my experience.

Don't think there are many bad guitars at this price point, just preferences.
    Played the ones in Chandler's this morning.  Very nice - especially the maple one and the Albert Lee one.
  • woodywoody Frets: 74
    Actually i take that comment back..im getting closer and closer to agreeing with gassage on this one.
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    They are very nice. Didn´t fender buy them a while ago?