Anyone tried the Frederic Effects Zombie Klon(e)

TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1845

I keep looking at Klon "voiced" pedals as its a sound ive never tried

I like the sound of the youtube vids, but wanted to know if anyone has actually tried one

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    Used to have one and one of the individual buffers. I only got rid of it because I had chance to buy a KTR. Does the whole clean boost thing really well and made all my other drive pedals fatter when it was engaged.

I have settled, well until a centaur becomes available, on a ARC Effects Klone V2, wont leave home with out it. Ended up selling my KTR because it was better, marginal, but still better.

Would recommend the Fredrics klones though, especially if you run an good sized pedal board, the Klon buffer is a must
  • cheers dude

Ill investigate the ARC

I got mine with an external bass increase switch, very nice. Only thing I'd change is that i would prefer the pots on top for space saving reasons, outside of that, its a corker!
  • did the zombie play nicely with other pedals?

Very well mate, it was my first venture into the Klone world and it convinced me that one was needed. I had it first in the chain and used it as a nice very mild OD on its own, and then kicked it in for added gain on my paisley drive that I had at the time, excellent for cutting through the mix
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26941
    I've have the Fredric Golden Eagel, which is the same thin but MXR-sized.

I haven't played a real klon but it sounds spot on to my ears. Feels great in terms of pick attack response and stacks brilliantly. It's the kind of pedal you just want to leave swrched on all the time. Highly recommended
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9524
    Travis,

Tried 'em all. 

As Alan (Preston 61) said, the BEST by far was the ARC v2. Awesome build quality. Great guy to deal with.
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    Pah! :P