Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Oh one other thing to add... in 4-cable-method, I can't hear any tonal alteration. It's transparent. End of story.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I need a case now though. Something I can carry on my back. Not sure I want to fork out for the official backpack though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Head to TKMaxx, they've always got a weird range of backpacks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    Gators keyboard bag fitted the pod hd500 
  • I've got a Gator G-MultiFX-2411 for mine and it's pretty much a perfect fit
  • skelfskelf Frets: 209
    tFB Trader
    I got one of these which is an excellent bag.

https://www.fusion-bags.com/products/sa-workstation-controller
    Nah I definitely want something backpack-ish.
  • skelfskelf Frets: 209
    edited September 2016 tFB Trader
    The one I linked  to is a back pack it was shoulder straps but they can be tucked away if not needed like all the Fusion bags. If you follow the link and go through the pictures you will see it used as a back pack.
    Hmmm... it looks way too big to me tbh.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBD said:
    Hmmm... it looks way too big to me tbh.
    thats what she said
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • It's the one box versatility that gets me.

Wednesday I had it as recording interface.  Thursday as a board for acoustic gig handling guitar mic and stompbox. Friday as 4cm with my pleximan.
    This^^

also, it sounds like if Craig David wrote a song about Helix
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Has anyone had any issues using SPDIF on OSX?

I don't think it's the Helix doing anything wrong in all honesty, I think the drivers for the Focusrite Scarlett are just being a bit shitty with my computer, because every now and then it'll drop the connection. But what's happening is when I have the Scarlett as the clock master, I get clicks in the SPDIF signal. When I have the Helix as the clock master the clicks disappear, but the Scarlett will lose sync every 10-15minutes or so. Kind of annoying, and not 100% sure how to address.

• Do any people use the Helix as an effect only unit into the front of an amp?  Wondering how they get on with it if they do.

I'd use the amp sims for practise and some recording but I think, based on the clips I've heard I'd probably still use a Timmy or something into the Helix, then into the front end of a combo.

I had a HD300 ages ago and that was okay, I think I would have kept it if it was not so limited, the Helix's versatility does appeal, but I'd probably still use it like a basic pedalboard, at least at first.

Do any people use the Helix as an effect only unit into the front of an amp?  Wondering how they get on with it if they do.

I'd use the amp sims for practise and some recording but I think, based on the clips I've heard I'd probably still use a Timmy or something into the Helix, then into the front end of a combo.

I had a HD300 ages ago and that was okay, I think I would have kept it if it was not so limited, the Helix's versatility does appeal, but I'd probably still use it like a basic pedalboard, at least at first.

That's how I'm using it in the main. Only difference being I'm doing it as 4-cable-method, not just in front of the amp. So I can put effects before and after my real preamp. I'm getting tones that are making me wonder why I even bothered going the Strymon route.

I sold my Mobius to help pay for the Helix. Don't miss it.

Have done comparisons between the Helix and the Big Sky + Timeline. For certain sounds the Helix just doesn't do them - like the Ice delay and more pitchy reverbs. But for your bread and butter halls, plates, digital and analog delays.... there really isn't much in it.
  • I do that
    most of my drive comes from a Marvel FX drive in loop1
    i have an amp model on but it's the Soldano clean
    i split the output. So true 1/4 go straight into a power amp and the XLRs are cab emulated and go to the desk
    the big volume knob just controls my backline (which is a stereo valve power amp)  but I've used combos just as well

• Drew_TNBD said:

Do any people use the Helix as an effect only unit into the front of an amp?  Wondering how they get on with it if they do.

That's how I'm using it in the main. Only difference being I'm doing it as 4-cable-method, not just in front of the amp. So I can put effects before and after my real preamp. I'm getting tones that are making me wonder why I even bothered going the Strymon route.

I sold my Mobius to help pay for the Helix. Don't miss it.

Have done comparisons between the Helix and the Big Sky + Timeline. For certain sounds the Helix just doesn't do them - like the Ice delay and more pitchy reverbs. But for your bread and butter halls, plates, digital and analog delays.... there really isn't much in it.
    Cool.  I only have a Memory Lane Junior, so the Helix will offer many more options than I'm used to.  I do miss the filter delay on my G3, so will be good to have something like that again.  I'm happy to go almost completely digital, but just keep a few drive pedals. 
  • Cabicular said:
    I do that
    most of my drive comes from a Marvel FX drive in loop1

Do you have the Helix mounted on a bigger board, or just add the one pedal on the floor with the Helix?

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's a bit different now
    I removed the B9 and moved the distortion up and put my Buddah wah down
    the board is a novo32