Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2383
    Spent the weekend playing around with the Helix and FRFR - discovered that by using the OwnHammer IR packs, I could get some very nice tones indeed! Even the Mrs commented on how good it sounded, so it must be pretty decent.

Now to actually try it in rehearsal.....!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced frfr or monitor to use at home in the practice room for a Helix?
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced frfr or monitor to use at home in the practice room for a Helix?
    If you can find a second hand Atomic Reactor grab it
    i love them 
    FRFR but with Valves !
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    edited November 2016

If it's just for home a pair of studio monitors, probably get something with a 5 or 6 inch speaker, for something that would also get you through a rehearsal or gig that isn't much bigger, try an Alto TS110 or TS210, I have a 110 for sale for £100 if you are interested

There are a million options depending on your budget, I use a pair of Samson Resolve 80 monitors at home and a Yamaha DXR10 for gigging, both sound fantastic with the Helix

FarleyUK said:
    Spent the weekend playing around with the Helix and FRFR - discovered that by using the OwnHammer IR packs, I could get some very nice tones indeed! Even the Mrs commented on how good it sounded, so it must be pretty decent.

Now to actually try it in rehearsal.....!
    That's when you will be impressed, my first full band rehearsal sounded amazing (even though I do say so myself)
    John_A said:

If it's just for home a pair of studio monitors, probably get something with a 5 or 6 inch speaker, for something that would also get you through a rehearsal or gig that isn't much bigger, try an Alto TS110 or TS210, I have a 110 for sale for £100 if you are interested

There are a million options depending on your budget, I use a pair of Samson Resolve 80 monitors at home and a Yamaha DXR10 for gigging, both sound fantastic with the Helix

Thanks for the info. I probably should have said, we have a drum kit in our music room - and the missus likes to use her sticks :) 

Is the DXR10 significantly better than say, the Alto TS110?
    edited November 2016
    The DXR10 is significantly louder, the Alto is great for rehearsal volume, it might struggle at a biggish gig where you were a distance away from it and it was your only monitor, the Yamaha is very loud indeed!  For the money though, the Alto's sound very good , and I've happily used it at pub sized gigs without a problem

Exciting news :) 

posted by Line 6 on their forum on the 18th:

There will be a new update, 2.10, coming any day now... So there's that...

• SporkySporky Frets: 27988
    Come on gated reverb! Also MIDI clock. And envelope control. And the other things I mentioned already.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24186
    I hoping without real hope that there will be Darkglass pedals in the release.

John_A said:
    The DXR10 is significantly louder, the Alto is great for rehearsal volume, it might struggle at a biggish gig where you were a distance away from it and it was your only monitor, the Yamaha is very loud indeed!  For the money though, the Alto's sound very good , and I've happily used it at pub sized gigs without a problem
    Thanks for that - I may well have to check out the DXR10 - there's a chance it will get used for other stuff where some clout is needed. I might have to get a pair for a small PA setup.
    Not sure where you are, I'm in Leicester you'd be welcome to compare the DXR and the Alto
    John_A said:
    Not sure where you are, I'm in Leicester you'd be welcome to compare the DXR and the Alto
    You're not actually that far.. I'm just past Peterborough
    Well if you're up this way drop me a PM
    John_A said:
    Well if you're up this way drop me a PM
    Thanks - will do
  • 2.10 is live. Release Notes here.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Archon models should be cool
  • 2.10 is live. Release Notes here.
    Excellent. 

Folks, read the update instructions and follow them or this will happen..

"If a user fails to read and follow the update instructions, Helix will cause their car radio to play only polka death metal every Thursday from 1-3pm PST"

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• SporkySporky Frets: 27988
    The Auto Bypass/Enable from expression controllers is a very, very good thing. Thanks!
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1812
    Arse...away until Friday...