Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2439
    @digitalscream totally get it. I have another idea though. Could get interesting. ;-)
    OK OK, I'll wait quietly. 

No pressure, but my potential decision to buy a Headrush kinda depends on this ;)
    Do we know when thats due yet? 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @digitalscream totally get it. I have another idea though. Could get interesting. ;-)
    OK OK, I'll wait quietly. 

No pressure, but my potential decision to buy a Headrush kinda depends on this ;)
    Do we know when thats due yet? 
    OK, so it kinda depends on that too :D

I have a soft spot for the Eleven modelling - first album was recorded with it - but the important part is that I don't plan on playing live for a very long time. As a result, having a less-cluttered office but maintaining the ability to record with high-quality modelling is a big plus...so it's pretty much neck-and-neck between the Headrush and Helix Native, as long as the latter is a fairly minor cost relative to actually having hardware.
    <space for hire>
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23960
    @rossyamaha do you know if the Pearce BC1 model is stock or the favoured Sheehan modded version?
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2439
    @rossyamaha do you know if the Pearce BC1 model is stock or the favoured Sheehan modded version?
    No clue I'm afraid. I know he'll be flat out at Namm buuuuut....paging @Digital_Igloo. Any ideas?

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• Cool on the native plug. Wondering how the B7KU will work with the Helix UI - the switches on the real pedal are a big part of how useful it is.
    Well, we modeled what the switches do. :)
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg

• For those that don't know, the Pearce preamp is rare and legendary.

Ampeg sort of did a version in the SVP-BSP (I have one of them) but the Pearce was the mainstay of Billy Sheehan's rig for decades.
    Can't talk about it right now, but there may be something *really* legendary about the particular BC-1 we modeled.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Cabicular said:
    Dark glass model as well...
    who do you have pictures of? ;)
    Of @Digital_Igloo in a compromising position with a midget and Donald Trump.
    GAH! Don't blame me for our disastrous election and I won't blame you guys for Brexit. Deal?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23960
    Moistness.

Everywhere!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I must say that Line 6 appear to have knocked it out the park here
    VST plug in Helix is more than I dared hope for
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    That's some update! Pretty excited by this one :)
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Cabicular said:
    So for anyone that wants a Helix on the cheap....

http://line6.com/helix-native/

That's a fookin great idea :)
    i was going to get a rack for the studio 
    but this is much better for recall etc

So for anyone that wants a Helix on the cheap....

http://line6.com/helix-native/
    Wow. Is that the rather loud sound of a gauntlet being dropped to the rest of the modelling market! Top marks Line6. Still prefer the fractal modelling, but this is great. 
  • longilongi Frets: 95

Cabicular said:
    I must say that Line 6 appear to have knocked it out the park here
    VST plug in Helix is more than I dared hope for

Only wish I could afford one. One day it will be mine...
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13929
    I'm probably going to show my ignorance here, if you have a Helix why do you need the Helix plugin? wouldn't you just plug your helix into the audio interface?

Just for convenience I suppose, at home you wouldn't need to set up the helix.  You could also use it on multiple tracks of a recording simultaneously, assuming enough CPU was available.
  • John_A said:
    Just for convenience I suppose, at home you wouldn't need to set up the helix.  You could also use it on multiple tracks of a recording simultaneously, assuming enough CPU was available.
    Or when travelling - assuming you take a laptop with you, all you need is a small interface and a pair of headphones. Far more convenient than lugging a Helix everywhere.
    <space for hire>
    Wonder what kind of wonder PC you would need to run patches that utilise 2 dedicated processors in the Helix?
  • John_A said:
    Wonder what kind of wonder PC you would need to run patches that utilise 2 dedicated processors in the Helix?
    I guess we'll finally get to find out the relative processing power of a SHARC versus a modern PC CPU. Personally, that's something I'm quite interested in.
    <space for hire>
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13929
    John_A said:
    Or when travelling - assuming you take a laptop with you, all you need is a small interface and a pair of headphones. Far more convenient than lugging a Helix everywhere.
    ...and a guitar

• John_A said:
    ...and a guitar
    That's kind of assumed ;) But guitar + laptop + small interface is much more practical than guitar + Helix.
    <space for hire>
  • Cool on the native plug. Wondering how the B7KU will work with the Helix UI - the switches on the real pedal are a big part of how useful it is.
    Well, we modeled what the switches do. :)
    Excellent.

I did expect a plugin with Helix modelling at some point given the history of Line 6 plugins (I had a guitar port, then a UX2 for years). But didn't expect it so soon. 

Good to see there will be a demo of the plugin. I think the price is fair given what's included.