Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7416
    From nosing around the respective forums, the Helix does seem to have more than its share of nutters and idiots among its users :-/ 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    The Facebook group is a bit of an eye opener
    i spent some time on the Fractal forums when I had an FX8 and that's a proper old school cult!
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    TimmyO said:
    From nosing around the respective forums, the Helix does seem to have more than its share of nutters and idiots among its users :-/ 
    Doesn't that just generally reflect the population of the world?
  • TimmyO said:
    Doesn't that just generally reflect the population of the world?
    Yeah.

That's one nice thing about this forum, not only are there a lot of good posters, it is also small enough that you can easily figure out who knows their stuff.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • keirkeir Frets: 137
    I've just acquired myself a nice shiny helix.....

in on the old days (last week) I ran a two amp setup a fender and vox to get a big old combined sound and a lot (/too much volume). 

My thinking for the new rig would be to keep one amp and combine that with with an frfr speaker of some sort so I could combine my amp, (probably the fender as it goes through valves much less frequently) combined with a model of a vox or a Marshall or whatever takes my fancy. 

Does anyone else else use this sort of setup or is it frfr all the way....?
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    People run all sorts of set-ups, but the direct to PA option sounds so good you'll soon wonder why you keep the amps at all. 
    John_A said:
    People run all sorts of set-ups, but the direct to PA option sounds so good you'll soon wonder why you keep the amps at all. 
    Is that with your own monitor? I couldn't rely on a venue to have a decent monitoring system - we don't take our own pa. 
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
    A lot of folk *here* seem to have gone the 'own active monitor, and send an XLR to the desk when live' route but there are loads and loads of folks in the TGP thread and Line6 forum who use it as a front end for a real amp successfully. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24268
    I've tried 4CM for bass with my M900 and it's great fun.

Might need to find a Muse cover band.
    TimmyO said:
    A lot of folk *here* seem to have gone the 'own active monitor, and send an XLR to the desk when live' route but there are loads and loads of folks in the TGP thread and Line6 forum who use it as a front end for a real amp successfully. 

My bandmate will be keeping his 2 amp setup so I think one amp at least will be needed. I like the idea of combining the two options though to explore different combinations. 

I need to to read through this whole thread to get as much info. The tgp one has about 600 pages before it even started shipping and so much off topic chat it's not even worth bothering. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28157
    keir said:

My bandmate will be keeping his 2 amp setup so I think one amp at least will be needed. I like the idea of combining the two options though to explore different combinations.
    You could set up the expression pedal to pan between the two amps. That might give you some interesting effects.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    I've tried 4CM for bass with my M900 and it's great fun.

Might need to find a Muse cover band.
    It's pretty sweet 4cm through my Eich 1000 and Vanderkley 2x10 as well...
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    keir said:
    John_A said:
    Is that with your own monitor? I couldn't rely on a venue to have a decent monitoring system - we don't take our own pa. 
    yes, I use a DXR10 as a monitor, we have our own decent PA and I can set my own monitor mix which is mostly my guitar. At smaller gigs I've used the DXR as backline and it sounded great.  started with 4CM in to a jet city jca22h with a 2x12, then in to the jet city's fx return, and the FRFR approach definitely sounds the best to my ears, and the rest is f the band and audience judging from comments
    Maybe that's where I'll end up who knows. I've just ripped apart my pt-pro today so I can start weighing up what to sell and what to keep something I wouldn't have dreamed of a few months ago! I've just spent the last few months acquiring a load of Gigrig power bits which I'll probably be putting back up for sale along with my pedals. The cost of adding all the bits I wanted to give me the flexibility I wanted and powering it was just a massive headache. 

Is everyone going 100% helix or people hanging on to a few pedals and running them through the loops?
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28157
    A lot of people are 100%ers.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    keir said:
    Maybe that's where I'll end up who knows. I've just ripped apart my pt-pro today so I can start weighing up what to sell and what to keep something I wouldn't have dreamed of a few months ago! I've just spent the last few months acquiring a load of Gigrig power bits which I'll probably be putting back up for sale along with my pedals. The cost of adding all the bits I wanted to give me the flexibility I wanted and powering it was just a massive headache. 

Is everyone going 100% helix or people hanging on to a few pedals and running them through the loops?
    I had a gear clear out recently and kept a fair few of my 'nice' drive/dirt pedals with a view to this, but they have remained boxed thus far
    Red ones are better. 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    edited April 2017
    @keir. I have 8 pedals in the foot loops. Mainly to save dsp or get a specific sound.

Don't need them though. It's a luxury helix allows.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I've got the Helix and I use it for 90% of my stuff right now. But I also have a singles board...

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/17192640_10154350974610777_8712561471657005308_o.jpg?oh=f18f17b86997b7004f1c53f0e0d34efe&oe=5954A921

I really love the Nemesis delay and the DD500. They're just a bit of a different thing to the Helix.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Actually I love all those pedals for different reasons.
    Sporky said:
    keir said:

You could set up the expression pedal to pan between the two amps. That might give you some interesting effects.
    The possibilities are endless aren't they! I might get a reflex one of these days for extra madness. There are hardly any reviews / videos of it online though and they're quite expensive these days.