Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• DavusPG said:
    So do those of you who own lots of drive pedals and things like the H9, Strymons etc see the Helix replacing the lot?

Yep, for the most part.

Way Huge Saucy Box - I love this OD, but the Klon model should be pretty close... I'll record a comparison once the Helix arrives.

Strymon D.I.G. - The sync control here between the two delays would be the hardest feature to replicate, but tonally I think the Helix should be able to cover it if it can match how easy it is to dial in great dual-delay sounds like the DIG.

Other than that I don't intend to keep anything. I've already sold off a few drives, fuzzes, and loopers in anticipation. I might keep my Polytune II Mini too though, we'll see!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 448
    Thanks for the replies. I'm dubious as to whether the Helix could usurp my H9 & Timeline, but I could easily see every other pedal on my board going.

I'm currently using a Decibel Eleven Switch Dr to change amp presets, H9 presets and Timeline presets via Midi on 3 separate PC channels (is that the right term?!) Am I right in thinking the Helix can do that too?

Sorry if that's a stupid question - setting up loops and the MIDI preset changes on the Switch Dr was hard enough for me.

From what I've read Helix can do up to 6 instant commands. So just checking it can definitely change my amp preset, H9 preset, Timeline preset and bring in any number of on board fx etc with one switch?

If so then that's one major box ticked for me, with a fraction of the number of patch cables I'm currently using!
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
  • @DavusPG

I'm not a "deep dive" type with my Timeline, basically gets used for a few digi delays, a few with modulation and a few analogue type delays, don't really use it to its full potential so I think that provided the sound quality is similar I can't really see me using the Timeline again...will probably keep the pedals as the option is always there to use them but if all is good and GAS gets the better of me then they will be sold!!!
  • Drew_fx;771765" said:
    This at 6:24 would have sold me on it alone tbh. I know it's a relatively simple tone to replicate, but you could quite easily come close to hitting the Helix price even with such a basic rig (i.e. good tweed & reverb).
  • DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 448
    @Welshboyo

I'm not a "deep dive" Timeline user either. On one level it's criminal for me to have such a complex pedal as I have 2 or 3 basic delays plus a few whacky ones using the sweep and ice settings that I use for certain pares in a few songs we do.

The major plus of it for me though and part of the reason I got it is that I can call up presets via Midi and the Switch Dr in addition to switching in and out a load of other stuff.

I also love the preset spillover as I hate delay and reverb effects being cut off abruptly.

Another bonus is that I got it direct from the States for a great price with zero import costs. It's still overkill for what I do with it though.

All that aside if the delays on the Helix could do the same sounds with spillover (in a later update) then I think I'd actually feel pretty good about selling the Timeline as it just feels a bit OTT for my needs and frankly level of proficiency!

• Don't forget peoples, this Saturday and Sunday Paul Hindmarsh will be showing everyone through Helix at our store on Wardour Street in London. No ticket required, just turn up and marvel at how beautiful and talented he is. Bastard. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Don't forget peoples, this Saturday and Sunday Paul Hindmarsh will be showing everyone through Helix at our store on Wardour Street in London. No ticket required, just turn up and marvel at how beautiful and talented he is. Bastard. 
    What times are we talking Ross?
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4181
    I can see the Classifieds section being very busy this side of Christmas ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindude said:
    Don't forget peoples, this Saturday and Sunday Paul Hindmarsh will be showing everyone through Helix at our store on Wardour Street in London. No ticket required, just turn up and marvel at how beautiful and talented he is. Bastard. 
    Paul will be there all day both days but will be doing a performance at 2pm Saturday and 1.30pm Sunday. I'll be there Sunday as well doing THR at 12.30pm. At least I don't have to follow him!

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    dindude said:
    Paul will be there all day both days but will be doing a performance at 2pm Saturday and 1.30pm Sunday. I'll be there Sunday as well doing THR at 12.30pm. At least I don't have to follow him!
    Cool, gonna try and get along to the Sunday.
  • @DavusPG glad I'm not alone then!!! I use about 6 presets on the Timeline at the most...and they probably all sound the same!!!
  • dindude said:

Excellent, I'll probably see you and @Dindude there then!
  • @rossyamaha - are we going to be able to buy the Helix (or THR100) at the Wardour Street event this weekend?

• @cgumtree you can certainly preorder but we won't have any units that you can take away. Stock won't be arriving till the end of the month (ish) I'm afraid.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @rossyamaha - thanks for clarifying. Off to pub after the demos in that case, instead of home to play with new toys :)
  • @rossyamaha the "ish" statement about stock arriving - is that "ish" in good (earlier) or bad (later) way...

PMT have had my money in full and understandably I'm getting a little "are we there yet" in relation to when I'll get delivery..

Also, is there a pecking order for the pre-orders from a dealer perspective, don't want to be in a back-order queue....
    welshboyo said:
    @rossyamaha the "ish" statement about stock arriving - is that "ish" in good (earlier) or bad (later) way...

PMT have had my money in full and understandably I'm getting a little "are we there yet" in relation to when I'll get delivery..

Also, is there a pecking order for the pre-orders from a dealer perspective, don't want to be in a back-order queue....
    Thomann are saying 10th of October.

• Drew_fx said:
    welshboyo said:
    @rossyamaha the "ish" statement about stock arriving - is that "ish" in good (earlier) or bad (later) way...

Thomann are saying 10th of October.
    aww bollocks really?!!!
    Ah no, it's the 5th of October, sorry:
    http://www.thomann.de/gb/line6_helix_guitar_processor.htm