New Protest The Hero Album Stream (Official)

Totally buying this.  Rody is on fire vocally and I'm liking the music.  I don't feel the guitar tones are as good as Scurrilous but that isn't going to stop me buying it lol.  Some of the guitar editing on the stop starts is very djent on/off which feels a bit jarring, but doesn't ruin the listen so far.  

PS Will sell everything I own to sing like Rody, he's like a hair metal singer but still cool in 2013 IMO.

Anyone else buying it?
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited October 2013
    Oh my fucking god, this is awesome.

Rody is one of the best metal singers of all time IMO, and the music is incredible as always.

Definitely buying this.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    My copy finally arrived today - an Amazon special edition with a different cover. The lyric booklet is signed by the band too.

Incredible album. The music, the lyrics, the instrumental performances and especially the singing are all just incredible. Love it.
  • Yeah I'm getting the same version, it is on its way to me from my sister as a late birthday present.  Already listened to this youtube stream 4 times, I'm really looking forward to having this CD on in the car for my drive to work next week.  It is definitely my favourite PTH album, love it.
    edited November 2013
    I'm not sure if I prefer this to Fortress... it's very very close though. Amazing album.

In particular the lyrics are brilliant.
  • I really like Protest, and the new albums really good.

Some of the lyrics are quite silly and OTT though.
    edited November 2013
    I really like Protest, and the new albums really good.

Some of the lyrics are quite silly and OTT though.
    Fair enough, I do think they have a tendency to be a bit overblown and wordy, but I quite like that :D

I think Underbite is really good - it's about metal bands who do the whole "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU GUYS DOING TONIGHT" thing onstage - he's basically saying that if you went to all the trouble of writing lyrics that mean something to you, why would you then put on a load of cliched, macho posturing in your show, which tends to spoil the message you're trying to portray.

And "Mist", which is about Newfoundland in Canada.

At least they don't go in for predictable topics :D
  • It's mainly the second half of A Life Embossed really, I just find them jarring.

Good point about Underbite though, the machoness of most metal does annoy me
  • Have the CD, love it.

If you play Mist -> Underbite the acoustic outro of mist as per the above stream is a secret track that counts time backwards on my car stereo.  Starts at track 9 1:xx and counts down to zero before starting Underbite at track 9 0:00, but if you just scroll through songs pressing next the track doesn't appear (and time counts forwards on all other songs).  That is super cool.  Good thing I didn't crash when double checking why the time was going forwards and backwards. 
    :))
  • I backed the crowd funded project for this, so hoping my limited edition hoody arrives soon :)

PTH are probably one of my favourite bands.  II would have given anything for a pizza party at Tim's... The drum work is amazing, too.