Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Did Sporky's hand slip on the ban-hammer?

What's Hot
He appears to have been banned!
You don't need much knowledge of anatomy to appreciate the fundamental ubiquity of opinions.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• He's just decided to take a bit of a break :)
    <space for hire>
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485
    that's a shame, one of the good sorts is sporky.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Aww that's poop... come back Sporky, all is forgiven (not sure if anything needed forgiving... but it is anyway)
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26566
    edited October 2013
    Just had a chat with him - he's still taking a break, but he didn't quite realise that he'd fully banned himself. I've un-banned him, so you can all go back to looking at his not-so-shiny nose.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Is he going to be able to be unbanned, or will he have to come back as "Sporky the Sparkly" or something?
    My V key is broken
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Sporky banned himself? Ha, ha, what a prize plonker!

• holnrew said:
    Is he going to be able to be unbanned, or will he have to come back as "Sporky the Sparkly" or something?
    Yeah, it's all good. A bit of rehab, and he'll be right as rain :)
    <space for hire>
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    maybe having a senior moment here, but how can you tell ?   
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4257
    Does this qualify as a 'Flounce'? Or should a new (more spectacular) word be invented?
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I guess he is down about the recent slip into insanity the forum has experienced. I apologize for my part in it, I haven't been all that right this week and it has probably spilled onto the page.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27453
    edited October 2013
    Drew_fx said:
    I guess he is down about the recent slip into insanity the forum has experienced. I apologize for my part in it, I haven't been all that right this week and it has probably spilled onto the page.
    I guess he might be.  As are a few of "us".  

That's the "us" who set this place up when MR when to shit.  The "us" who many of "you" have thanked, and supported, and expressed gratitude to, for setting it up and running it as it has been run so far.

Drew:  It's not purely down to you, although at least you have the self-awareness to recognise that you do have a part in it, and the honesty to admit it.

None of us expect everyone here to be best mates with everyone else.  

We've got nearly 1,000 members now and there will be some who don't agree with opinions expressed by others, whether that's about Bigsbys, Relics, Gibson's QC, who killed Roger Rabbit, who invented God, or even more important things than those (I couldn't think of any more examples).  There will be some who take a dislike to others and don't want to get into debates with them, maybe don't even want to read their posts.  

That's fine.  

That's why we have an "ignore" button.  

Use it if you want to avoid someone.  If you want to avoid a topic, don't join the discussion.  If you're of a sensitive disposition, don't venture into Speaker's Corner.

Now, please can we get back to talking about all that important stuff?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    I've been staying out of the arguments, mostly- as they don't get us anywhere.
    Comments about your mum don't count.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hold on a second. Why is anyone getting a lecture for sporky's over reaction? I don't want to come across like a bastard but let's put things into perspective. Putting a forum online is like half an hours work. Further to that most of that work wasn't done by sporky's as far as I can tell, however he did seem to be a major player in a large number of the key design points. Some of these points haven't proved popular with some people but I think banning himself is a massive over reaction. I'm also not incredibly impressed with the way he responded to my offer to help.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Hold on a second. Why is anyone getting a lecture for sporky's over reaction? I don't want to come across like a bastard but let's put things into perspective. Putting a forum online is like half an hours work. Further to that most of that work wasn't done by sporky's as far as I can tell, however he did seem to be a major player in a large number of the key design points. Some of these points haven't proved popular with some people but I think banning himself is a massive over reaction. I'm also not incredibly impressed with the way he responded to my offer to help.
    #1 - No, putting a well-thought-out forum together is not half an hour's work. It took four of us (with help from a fifth in the latter stages) a week to come up with the design, the structure, write the extra code to get the features we wanted, properly test it and lay out the rules, as well as plan for the future.

#2 - Sporky did an awful lot of work towards #1.

#3 - You don't know the whole story, so don't presume to know that it's an overreaction.

#4 - As noted above, he banned himself by accident and is just taking a break.
    <space for hire>
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    I second the Rt Hon Mr Scream.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Hold on a second. Why is anyone getting a lecture for sporky's over reaction? I don't want to come across like a bastard but let's put things into perspective. Putting a forum online is like half an hours work. Further to that most of that work wasn't done by sporky's as far as I can tell, however he did seem to be a major player in a large number of the key design points. Some of these points haven't proved popular with some people but I think banning himself is a massive over reaction. I'm also not incredibly impressed with the way he responded to my offer to help.
    I think it's the lack of appreciation shown. They took a lot of time and effort to provide a place for us, and to be nicer/better than MR. They're human and the way you come across is pretty acerbic and demanding. If you don't like it, make a better one.

I'd like to point out it's the minority who have a problem (as far as I can see) and that even though I don't say it, I'm appreciative of the time, effort and thought that has gone into this place.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

IIRC Sporky took a break from MR for a few weeks.

He'll be back when he's ready to.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    For my part I'd also like to say "well done" and "thanks" once again to all who contributed to the birth of this most excellent forum, not least the awesome sporkster.
    All practice and no theory
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • #3 - You don't know the whole story, so don't presume to know that it's an overreaction.

That's fair enough, you're right I'm only commenting based on my perception. But it's still my perception.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ

• That's fair enough, you're right I'm only commenting based on my perception. But it's still my perception.
    And like I said - your perception's wrong, because the tiny bit you've seen is pretty incidental to everything else. Feel free to think it's all about you, though ;)
    <space for hire>