The DEFINITIVE fx / effects pedals reference list!!!!

What's Hot

Comments

• juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    edited June 2015
    Reverb = Fender Reverb Unit (not technically a pedal, but it is the absolute vintage daddy of reverb).

Ah, just noticed that's already been mentioned... Nothing to see here, move along.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Distortion has to be a ds-1.

I'd go dd-2 for digital delay, or a TC rack unit. :)

Binson echorec for the hardcore?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10682
    Hm. Why do I only have 6 of the above pedals, yet I have 30 pedals? Time to get selling and buying.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Distortion has to be a ds-1.

Ross Distortion is pretty badass too!...for me its split between Ross and Rat...i never got on with Boss Distortion (except for HM2)
  • samzadgan said:

Ross Distortion is pretty badass too!...for me its split between Ross and Rat...i never got on with Boss Distortion (except for HM2)
    You need to try a DF-2 - I think you'd like it. 

It's got 'roar' to it, and is a great box that does overdrive and distortion - not many around.  It's fuzzy around the edges, too, and makes everything sound pretty huge! Right up your street I reckon.  Not as insane as a HM2, mind. Not even close. 

You're right - the Rat is awesome. Never seen a Ross. 
    yeah, i have been interested in te DF-2 ever since you got it. I listened to a demo and i dont like the feedback thing, but the dirt tones are pretty rad!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30882
    edited June 2015
    Here's some more:

Sterility- Line6
    Boutique sterility- Strymon
    Pretentious noise- Effectrode.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    i cant play, but want to make cool sounds and look cool with cool stuff on my pedalboard - EQD
    samzadgan said:
    i cant play, but want to make cool sounds and look cool with cool stuff on my pedalboard - EQD
    Sam- + 1.

Got the Chorus and the Phase.

Gassage said:
    samzadgan said:
    Sam- + 1.

Got the Chorus and the Phase.
    i noticed your collection is growing...i've got OD, Phase, Trem, Delay, Reverb and the rainbow machine...i cant really explain that one.

hows the chorus?
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Your delays are wrong. Digital flight time and analogue moog mf 104
    Chorus is brilliant.

My trusty TC was still unbeatable with a Hiwatt, but for some reason gets lost with the Lazy J.

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    good god no. Hideous thing. Absolutely vomit inducing, thin, nasaly, wasp in a jam jar, tinitus filth
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    good god no. Hideous thing. Absolutely vomit inducing, thin, nasaly, wasp in a jam jar, tinitus filth
    "vomit inducing, thin, nasaly, wasp in a jam jar, tinitus filth"....the tone of the 80's
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    seriously I think I would rather drink someones piss than face the aural assault of a ds-1
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    ^ When you free? Accom or travel?

im flexible ;-)
  • seriously I think I would rather drink someones piss than face the aural assault of a ds-1
    You're kidding! I used to love mine. Admittedly, the tone control is only useful between a bit below noon and a tiny nudge above that, otherwise it's shrill and horrible or muddy. But as a general purpose distortion I still like it. Boost one and it's instant Steve vai! Does not compare at all with a df-2 though, ignore reports they're similar (though the df-2 still gets nasty bright...). That said, a rat is more versatile and better sounding as a general purpose distortion than... Overdrive... Or fuzz than the ds-1. Ds-1 can be modded into a noise machine quite well, though. Lots of circuit bent ones on YouTube making glitchy synth sounds.
    I dont think you are strengthening your case by using Steve Vai as a tonal reference :-P
  • meltedbuzzbox;670920" said:
    I dont think you are strengthening your case by using Steve Vai as a tonal reference :-P
    You...

... Fair play :p it's a pretty classic tone though. Not what I want these days, I like a more open, ragged sound but for that focused, boosted lead it's pretty useful!