Landlord inspection...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited October 2013

Let's be honest, when a landlord visits a house these days as long as the floors haven't been removed to make space for the cannabis farm and there's not three Vietmanese guys, a portable TV and a camping stove sharing the en-suite then he's got to be relatively satisfied.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    Presumably you wouldnt evict thogh, simply reclaim costs from the deposit on termination of the agreement?
    depends,  we had to evict one.................... flat got raided by the police !!
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • for chewing on the skirting board... O_o
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • I understand the comparison that Bertie is trying to draw but I do feel there is a distinct difference from a cute couple of house bunnies hopping about to having a place overrun with pigs.
    edited October 2013
    I understand the comparison that Bertie is trying to draw but I do feel there is a distinct difference from a cute couple of house bunnies hopping about to having a place overrun with pigs.
    of course there is, but that was in response to the "eviction" question,  If Holn was my tenant,   and had caused irreparable damage, beyone "normal wear and tear" Id expect him to pay...... and if he didnt it would come  out of the bond money, I wouldnt necessarily evict for that tho.........

In the extreme example I made.  the letting company got the tenents guarantors to fund 100% of the cost of all the damage - that included,  door and frame, and damage to items within the flat.

In a nutshell,  the tenant took the request of "professional people only"  a little bit too literally !!!
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    I wouldn't kick out a tenant for a bit of damage, especially if they owned up to it and didn't wait for me to notice, or try to conceal it.

I would expect it to be fixed when they leave otherwise I would garnish some of the bond.
    I'm definitely a more relaxed landlord though- I know more than a few people who like to screw every penny out of a tenant- I don't see the point of that- it makes life more antagonistic.
    I self manage though, which saves me an absolute fortune.
    octatonic said:

I self manage though, which saves me an absolute fortune.
    we used to, but the services we get for 8% are outstanding. (10 or 15 to new clients)
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I want to be upfront about it, my other half doesn't think it's a good idea. We can't do it this week anyway, have to see what happens.
    My V key is broken
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    edited October 2013

I'm surprised you just got away them eating the carpets with pets like rabbits.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee189/chillidoggy/Odds/5465593569_2c980a3b6e_z_zpse99a983a.jpg

I've a fair few scars from the bugger in the avatar. Last couple of times he's bitten, it's been my face.
    My V key is broken
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    holnrew said:
    I've a fair few scars from the bugger in the avatar. Last couple of times he's bitten, it's been my face.
    The key to stopping this kind of transgression against your person is to up the ante so far so fast that the perpetrator cannot possibly retaliate. It's how mobsters do it. Make an example to the others. http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1660637/slowcooked-rabbit-stew

All practice and no theory
    HAHA GOOD ONE. I'VE NEVER HEARD A JOKE ABOUT COOKING AND EATING MY BELOVED PETS BEFORE.
    My V key is broken
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    Be the rabbits' bitch then. See if I care.
    All practice and no theory
  • On a landlord inspection, I got picked up for having crumbs in the kitchen from where I'd been baking breads about half an hour before.  I managed to talk the lady down, after all, I am charming.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    edited October 2013
    A landlord is usually interested in two things: continuity of income, and repair cost at changeover. If you make a mess of the carpet then two things can happen. 1. It's unsafe, and you have to pay for repairing your damage, or even replacing it. 2. You live with it, and the carpet gets replaced when you leave, out of your deposit if possible. As for the wall, it will get a coat of magnolia when you leave. My agent calls it "a maggie", and has someone who will do a house for around £100, including paint. As long as you are paying your rent on time, and not making a nuisance of yourself, then you have little cause for worry.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Ours puts holes in every pair of socks I own when I'm too busy to give him the attention he feels he deserves at that precise moment.

• randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited October 2013
    On a landlord inspection, I got picked up for having crumbs in the kitchen from where I'd been baking breads about half an hour before.  I managed to talk the lady down, after all, I am charming.
    And handsome too. :)
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    On a landlord inspection, I got picked up for having crumbs in the kitchen from where I'd been baking breads about half an hour before.  I managed to talk the lady down, after all, I am charming.
    And handsome too. :)
    Don't forget modest too. :)