Played golf yesterday

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 4978
.. a lovely bright and sunny day but with a strong wind blowing.  Not played much this year due to illness but got a round in yesterday with my sister and her husband.  And surprisingly I played better than reasonable!  Got a 'birdie' on a par 5 [3 wood off the tee, two 7 woods and chipped in from 40 metres short of the green (hole played directly into the wind)].  Played all the par 4s conservatively [3 wood off the tee and two irons to reach the green], had a putt for a par on most of the par 4s [none of which I made].  Enjoyed a meal in the clubhouse after the round.  Drove home feeling pleased and thinking that, as Gussie Fink Knottle said, "it's a beautiful day"
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nice round, I used to play Golf years ago in my teens and I still like to watch a spot of Golf now and again. For me though it was Love/Hate with playing, one of the hardest Sports to keep consistent at in my opinion. You can be riding high one day and then your short game all goes to shit or your putting etc. I think I lasted 3 years with it.

Funnily enough, I find playing the Guitar comes close to Golf in terms of driving;-) you nuts sometimes, nearly but not quite. I've lasted with the guitar much longer.

It's a great game for a nice relaxing day if your on form though :-D

Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    I've never been into sports. Ever. Even at school, although I quite liked rugby for the "fckn come 'ere you" aggressive element of it.

Football just fckn amazes me. Kick ball, run after it, kick ball, run after it, try and get the ball in the net, miss, still get idolised, and paid upwards of £50k per week, even if yer on the bench. 

I remember some years ago in my 'fighting fit' youth being in a pub in Newcastle Upon Tyne, and remarking on Derby Day (Newcastle v Sunderland) that I though the whole thing was a bit gay (at this time in my life I appreciate there's no issue with being gay, so let's not eh?) that a pub full of grown 'proper' men were cheering, crying, and generally getting all emotional about a field of men, in shorts, and knee high socks, kicking a ball around. Did not go down well. I fended me way out.

Don't 'get' golf either. Hit ball. Walk after it etc etc. I appreciate the skill element to not have to hit it so many times to achieve the desired result, but other than that, well ?????? That said, it's fuckin' dead handy that my manager takes half days here and there to go for a coupla rounds. Boss out, interweb lounging on. Nice.

Don't even do motor sport. 

What the fuck is wrong with me.....

Away back to the shed with another gin, which is what I came back for anyway.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    And what is it you're doing in the shed?

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3582
    There is already a 'post something boring' thread, mods can we have these merged?

>:)

I jest.

;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom