Gig spam - tonight (Friday 25th Oct), Peterborough

digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26561
It's my band's first gig tonight, at the PSL Club (651 Lincoln Rd) in Peterborough - it's a charity gig in tribute to our singer's best friend, who passed a couple of years back. It'd be awesome if any of you lot could turn up :)

I know it's late notice (I completely forgot to spam this place), but get there early (before 8pm) to avoid getting turned away - apparently this event got quite busy in previous years, and there's a strict capacity limit at the venue...
<space for hire>
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I'll try to get there fella.

Can't promise as I won't get home till 7.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• It'd be great to see you there, bud :)
    <space for hire>
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    edited October 2013

Sorry fella. Didn't get there. :(

Will try for the next one. :)

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17588
    tFB Trader
    How did it go?
  • mike_l said:

Sorry fella. Didn't get there. :(

Will try for the next one. :)

It's OK, it was pretty short-notice. We're not booking any more gigs until Feb, but I'll let you know :)

How did it go?
    Surprisingly well, actually - general feedback was that we were the best band of the night, and a lot of people were surprised. Which is nice ;) We also didn't fuck up much, which is what I was really trying to figure out. There's a lot to work on, but generally speaking the impression was that we're heading in the right direction...
    <space for hire>
  • Lexie1Lexie1 Frets: 135
    Excellent News and keep us posted for the proper launch of the band Lee. :D
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27435
    How did it go?
    Surprisingly well, actually - general feedback was that we were the best band of the night, and a lot of people were surprised. Which is nice ;) We also didn't fuck up much, which is what I was really trying to figure out. There's a lot to work on, but generally speaking the impression was that we're heading in the right direction...
    And that was with a setlist of mainly your own stuff?

Sounds like it was a good start.  I'd be interested in hearing some of it sometime ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • TTony said:
    And that was with a setlist of mainly your own stuff?

Sounds like it was a good start.  I'd be interested in hearing some of it sometime ...
    Yup - 5 originals, 2 covers. We're getting started on the hard work now - thus far, it's just been a mad rush to get enough together to play the gig. For the next two or three months, we're going to be back in writing-and-recording mode as well as putting the FB page together, looking for gigs and all the other stuff that usually breaks bands up ;)
    <space for hire>
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10264
    tFB Trader
    Good on you geezer! I want to hear you guys live ... so keep me posted.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message