SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

So where do guitarists post to find the rest of the band?

What's Hot
SunDevilSunDevil Frets: 511
We're a guitar and bass forum after all - so can anyone suggest a good forum to look for local voice and drum talent that's not Gumtree?

Baz
The answer was never 42 - it's 1/137 (..ish)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    Have you tried http://www.joinmyband.co.uk/

I've never posted a guitarist available ad but have always had good response from musicians wanted ads.  Unfortunately you seem to get a similar level of time wasters wherever you advertise.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    I'd suggest advertise on JMB for musicians wanted even if it's only just you so far. Guitarist available ad probably a waste if time. If you have the concept ( ACDC tribute or whatever) and prepared to chase people up, book rehearsal room, etc, it goes a long way. You could also try Basschat. For singists if you don't mind folk with no experience widen the net to things like the local paper. Some folks advertise on notice boards in rehearsal studios and some music shops still have notice boards.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • SunDevilSunDevil Frets: 511
    Cheers gents!

Maybe I should go for Spinal Taps 'Big Bottom' concept, but re-cut for guitarists  - reckon that should get a decent response on here :-)

Baz

The answer was never 42 - it's 1/137 (..ish)
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2234

Another recomendation for JMB...

If you are looking for an existing band that's easy answer the ads.

If you are looking to form a band, you are the band and as stated you do all the work. Also you get the material together, Get some covers together and provide a shortlist with or even give out lyrics and chords. I'd do the same for originals unless you can prove compyright or they are incomplete.

Also if you have a number of people interested book a number of people on the same day in 30 mins slots. I've asked for auditions to be told that they are auditioning one person and if he doesnt get it they will audition me???

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3671
    Another +1 for JMB. I found my current band through them after they posted a "guitarist wanted" ad. There are loads of guitarists so you need to keep a regular watch out and get in as early as you can with a a bio, a CV, links to YouTube/Soundcloud examples of you playing and a willingness to audition. We also found our singer through the same ad.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I found my lot through a gumtree ad the drummer placed. But it's really luck & timing. I've found a lot of the ads for original bands on Gumtree consist of a solo act looking for free session players, who will be grateful to be told what to play & how to sound.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Never tried JMB before - will check that out!
  • Grinder
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Do of course I've used JMB before. That and gumtree.