Taking delivery of used and returned items !

What's Hot

I just took delivery of a Digitech pedal that someone decided to make good use of then return - complete with knackered leaking 9v battery.

Its now going to cost me in time and petrol taking the pedal to the (not so) local post office and wait until a new replacement one arrives. It was packed up pretty good, so a quick glance would not have shown it to be de-flowered.

I like my pedals to be vestal virgins, not stomped on :(

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    on a counter experience......... mrs bert took delivery of one of those  poufe/bean bag/cube things  to rest her poor ol feet on.......... said £20 (plus p&p) poufe split on the seam after just 24 hours.........we activated the Amazon traders return thingy.............. had an email within a few hours stating, 
     "huge apologies, small family firm.......please dont even bother to concern yourselves with returning the item, we will refund you in full"

excellent service.
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72299
    edited October 2013

I just took delivery of a Digitech pedal that someone decided to make good use of then return - complete with knackered leaking 9v battery.

Its now going to cost me in time and petrol taking the pedal to the (not so) local post office and wait until a new replacement one arrives.

If you bought it 'new' from a shop, the Distance Selling Regulations apply and I'm pretty sure you can make them come and uplift it.

You also get a refund and buy the replacement one from somewhere else.

If a shop, which one? At least one is notorious for doing this sort of thing.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    ICBM said:
    If a shop, which one? At least one is notorious for doing this sort of thing.
    Amazon are the retailer, meaning a trip to the post office or their collection point, which are both a few miles away. So apart from petrol and taking a chunk out my TV  work time, its the hassle involved.  I recently had the same issue with a £500 phone I ordered from Amazon, some bugger had broke the seals, taken half the accessories out and then returned it.  I will see about emailing Amazon and asking for a partial refund.

• ^ As I understand it, you have to make it "available for collection" - you don't necessarily have to post it back to them.
    You can package it up, have it ready and waiting at your abode for a courier to come get and sit back.

Unless other forumites can correct me?

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72299
    Amazon are the retailer, meaning a trip to the post office or their collection point, which are both a few miles away. So apart from petrol and taking a chunk out my TV  work time, its the hassle involved.  I recently had the same issue with a £500 phone I ordered from Amazon, some bugger had broke the seals, taken half the accessories out and then returned it.  I will see about emailing Amazon and asking for a partial refund.
    I wouldn't. Play hardball - it's their problem and they need to be made to accept the full consequences and costs. I would insist on a full refund and collection at their expense. The DSRs entitle you to this, do not back down.

Selling previously-returned goods as new is not acceptable even if they *aren't* damaged, let alone if they are.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

I will take advantage of the wife's legal skills and whip them into submission with big words and statute thingys :)

• ICBM said:
    I wouldn't. Play hardball - it's their problem and they need to be made to accept the full consequences and costs. I would insist on a full refund and collection at their expense. The DSRs entitle you to this, do not back down.

Selling previously-returned goods as new is not acceptable even if they *aren't* damaged, let alone if they are.
    There was a thread on MR a few months ago where a buyer was ordering two or three guitars at a time and returning those he didn't want. I was a bit hacked off as I wouldn't like to have thought that my 'new' guitar had been sat in someone's house for a day or two. That, to my mind, would make it second hand. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

I asked for and was offered a decent partial refund. It saved me time and money and I retain the full warranty. In addition I paid a few pounds less than they go for battered and used on eBay.

• Despite the hassle I reckon that's a result.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.