Humidity tracker

ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11884
I just bought one of these:

ideal - it shows the humidity over the last 24 hours, so you can take better care of your acoustics
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4308
    Yep. I have 2 hygrometers running that show the last 24 hrs too. It's a bit dry at the moment so I'm thinking of investing in a humidifier too.

Winters and autumn near me (I live next to 2 reservoirs) are really humid so I have a dehumidifier running through the wet seasons.

It's a pain in the arse but worth it, if it keeps my acoustic from cracking.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11884
    CHRISB50 said:
    Yep. I have 2 hygrometers running that show the last 24 hrs too. It's a bit dry at the moment so I'm thinking of investing in a humidifier too.

Winters and autumn near me (I live next to 2 reservoirs) are really humid so I have a dehumidifier running through the wet seasons.

It's a pain in the arse but worth it, if it keeps my acoustic from cracking.
    wow, opposite problem to most people then, winters are the acoustic killer for most centrally-heated houses

I run humidifiers switched on by a hygrostat, but since they can run out of water, and the sensors are not where the guitars are, I want a secondary monitor

My house is really damp in the cold months, but the dehumidifier sorts it out. I just set it at 50% and leave it on all the time.

Like you I prefer to have the hygrometers as well just to make sure.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11884
    CHRISB50 said:
    My house is really damp in the cold months, but the dehumidifier sorts it out. I just set it at 50% and leave it on all the time.

Like you I prefer to have the hygrometers as well just to make sure.
    are you sure you don't have some penetrating damp?
    If your air is damp inside when it's below 4C outside, then I can't see any other explanation
    No idea to be honest. No outward signs and the house is only 20 yrs old.

Regarding the outside temp, it was relatively warm last winter and autumn so the outside temp wouldn't have gone below 4 degrees very often.