Epiphone Masterbilt?

koss59koss59 Frets: 846
Anyone got an opinion on the masterbilts? My main acoustic is a Collings Dreadnaught but I don't want to fit a pickup for gigging. I'm after an electro acoustic below 500 quid that sounds great plugged in but I'd also want to play in the garden etc.
Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3582
    By repute they are Japanese made and very worthy instruments. I have no first hand experience but would investigate further on the masterbuilt. Also the newer range of Martin acoustics are based on solid tops and lesser materials elsewhere but still sound very good, in your budget if used examples are considered.

• koss59koss59 Frets: 846
    Yes my main thought was the Martins made from kitchen work surface material, just didn't think the pickups were that good? 
    These masterbilt ( how annoying they spelt it wrong! ) are't Jap though I don't think.
    Guess I need to try some side by side with the Martins.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26918
    If it were me, I'd want to try the aforementioned Epis, but also consider a Sigma or Recording King and add a separate pickup (Baggs M1A for my money)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 846
    I've actually already got an unused M1 passive but was thinking of selling it towards the electro.
  • bluechargeboybluechargeboy Frets: 1904
    I tried a Masterbilt or two and didn't find them to speak very loudly, not really resonant. I was specifically looking for volume though. Worth a try though, they seemed well built and played nicely.
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.