Smooth Hound Innovations - Classic Wireless Guitar System

What's Hot

Comments

• That's a fair enough question!

* Both transmitter and receiver are much smaller (and prettier ;) ) than the competition so there's less to carry around.
    * Battery life is nearly double (15 hours off alkaline, ten hours from rechargeable AAAs).
    * There's no need to select channels to avoid wifi or other transmitters. This all happens automatically and continuously.
    * Only one of the two really does sound just like a cable.
    * You're buying from a new UK manufacturer who are working their socks off to provide outstanding customer service so if you order before 4pm today, you'll receive it before 1pm tomorrow!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960

I am hoping my wife has one of these sat under the marital bed ready for my birthday next month....

If I am fortunate enough, I'll give a full review once I've had it in use for a while.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23947
    Lots of happy customers on Basschat!
  • I'm local to this but haven't gotten around to trying it! Mind if I drop by one day with my strat and test it out?

Not that I need one, but... It'd make my cable mess less Cable messy!
  • I'm local to this but haven't gotten around to trying it! Mind if I drop by one day with my strat and test it out?

Not that I need one, but... It'd make my cable mess less Cable messy!
    No problem at all, you're most welcome to come round. We're at the guitar show in Thirsk tomorrow but any day next week would be fine.
  • Great review in the latest edition of Guitar Interactive on p118.

"Bob Thomas finds the Christmas present that every guitarist is going to want this year."

:D

• Guitar Interactive is suprisingly long! Put together by Gary Cooper, he was doing Beat International and Sounds and must be 90 by now. Very non urgent purchase for me but if there's a January sale price or Birmingham guitar show price hmmm... :bz
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    edited December 2015
    Just bought one :)

• Ianpdq said:

Ooh, review at some point please! I think my main concern is kicking the receiver on my pedal board and losing signal ( although I'm not asking you to try that!). 
  • SmoothHoundUKSmoothHoundUK Frets: 21
    edited December 2015

Guitar Interactive is suprisingly long! Put together by Gary Cooper, he was doing Beat International and Sounds and must be 90 by now. Very non urgent purchase for me but if there's a January sale price or Birmingham guitar show price hmmm... :bz
    Gary's a really nice chap! He's got huge experience in the industry and gave me some really good pointers when we chatted a few months back.

No plans for a January sale I'm afraid. Sales have been growing nicely as the word spreads around and we're building them as fast as we can at the moment. We do have a show price but weren't able to get a stand at the Birmingham guitar show. The next one we're doing is Feb 7th in Formby, Merseyside.
    Ianpdq said:

Thanks Ian! It's on its way to the post office :)
    Ooh, review at some point please! I think my main concern is kicking the receiver on my pedal board and losing signal ( although I'm not asking you to try that!). 
    If you're looking for other reviews, there's plenty of customer feedback on our website now.

I've not tried kicking the receiver ... I did stand on it though for another customer :)

• Where's the after shot though? :-O Fairly sure there were empty stands at Birmingham this year so it's obviously going to be busier in 2016. @Jason the organiser is a member on here and is usually active after Christmas ;)
  • Where's the after shot though? :-O Fairly sure there were empty stands at Birmingham this year so it's obviously going to be busier in 2016. @Jason the organiser is a member on here and is usually active after Christmas ;)
    Ha ha. It's one of the demo units that's been on our odyssey of the Northern guitar shows over the last few months. It's fine. I didn't think to take a picture. We're on the waiting list for Birmingham so fingers crossed.
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader

Where's the after shot though? :-O Fairly sure there were empty stands at Birmingham this year so it's obviously going to be busier in 2016. @Jason the organiser is a member on here and is usually active after Christmas ;)
    Thats unfair :-( I contribute all year, just not a frequently as some ;-)

I posted a wonderful pic of KISS Alive 2 last week.

The show is very full, quite unexpectedly full.  I've never had a waiting list before!

If any space becomes available, I will let you know @SmoothHoundUK
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    Ianpdq said:

Right here we go, why stick it on your pedal board stick it on your amp, very easy set up great sound tried it on all my guitars what else can I say

• Ianpdq said:
    Ianpdq said:

Right here we go, why stick it on your pedal board stick it on your amp, very easy set up great sound tried it on all my guitars what else can I say
    Thanks Ian. Glad you like it.
    Lots of people do use them on their pedal boards. The receiver is pretty small so doesn't take up much room.

• Ianpdq;882914" said:
    EricTheWeary said:

Ianpdq said:

Cheers. Although if I can't use it on my pedal board probably no point in having one. For sale on amazon I noticed. I have one of these and a Reverend Buckshot ( amazon are now a Reverend dealer!) in my basket. Just waiting for an unexpected windfall now and I can click the Confirmation button... :)
  • smigeonsmigeon Frets: 282
    If you're looking for other reviews, there's plenty of customer feedback on our website now.

I've not tried kicking the receiver ... I did stand on it though for another customer :)

I'm wondering if I could stick it on my board using my existing multi-PSU... Looks like a standard Boss centre-negative plug, I'm guessing? What is the current draw?? 
  • Centre positive but they now include an adaptor (or were going to, its all in the Discussion).
  • Centre positive but they now include an adaptor (or were going to, its all in the Discussion).
    We did supply a polarity swapper for a couple of months but stopped because for every person who found it useful, we had another using it to daisy chain supplies leading to a lot of time answering ground loop noise queries. We now recommend either the supplied adapter or an isolated adapter with a centre positive swapper.
  • Ianpdq;882914" said:
    EricTheWeary said:

Ianpdq said:

Cheers. Although if I can't use it on my pedal board probably no point in having one. For sale on amazon I noticed. I have one of these and a Reverend Buckshot ( amazon are now a Reverend dealer!) in my basket. Just waiting for an unexpected windfall now and I can click the Confirmation button... :)
    Sounds good Eric. Even better if you cut out the middle man and buy direct from our website ;) We send all Amazon sales from here anyway and we're now offering free UK delivery if you buy direct.